Tour of Petra from Jerusalem with flights
Petra is located in the middle of the desert, and was inhabited by the Nabateans over 2000 years ago. They prospered by building water cisterns, and sold the water to passing merchants and travelers. It is said that the Nabateans abandoned Petra after a huge earthquake, because the water cisterns were damaged beyond repair. The Nabateans left an abundance of history behind. On your tour you will walk through Petra and see the famous Treasury, the mourning halls, the temples, the tombs and much more.
- 4.30am - Transfer from your hotel in Jerusalem to Tel-Aviv Sde Dov Airport
- 6:40am - Flight departs from Sde Dov (Tel-Aviv). You will be at the airport an hour prior to departure
- 8:10am - Pick up from Eilat Airport and transfer from Eilat to Arava border with professional crew. Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated
- 9:00am - Transfer from border to Petra in air-conditioned vehicle
Passing through a vast and comfortable, "desert way". Following through a scenic route on the mountain side, you will arrive at Petra's historical site, known as one of The Seven Wonders Of The World.
- 11:30 - Tour of Petra begins at the entrance to the site. Included in your package is an optional horse-back ride for the first 700 meters of the route
- 15:30 - Lunch at a local authentic restaurant
- 16:30 - Begin your return trip towards the border. This route includes a few stops along the way at certain observation points in order for you to enjoy the beautiful landscape of Wadi Ram
- 18:30 - Arriving in Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city
- 19:00 - Arrival at border and return to Israeli territory with assistance of professional crew and transported back to the airport in Eilat.
- 19:30 - Check-in at the airport
- 20:30 - Flight departure to Tel-Aviv Sde Dov
- 21:30 - Arrive to Tel-Aviv and transfer back to Jerusalem to your hotel
- Roundtrip airport transfer (from Jerusalem hotel)
- Roundtrip flights (Tel Aviv Sde Dov to Eilat Airport)
- Roundtrip transfer from Eilat airport to the Arava border with professional assistance
- Tour guide in Petra
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Entrance fees
- Short panoramic tour of Aqaba
- Horse ride
- Visa fee
- Departure tax
- Personal expenses and private insurance
- Children (0-12): reduced
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Jerusalem. Please provide hotel details when you make your booking.
- Flight schedules are subject to change, in case you would be notified in advance
- Minimum 2 participants
- If less than 2 people, there is a single supplement fee for one participant, please choose the "Adult- Single" ticket option to avoid any extra fees upon arrival
- It is required to have a valid passport and landing card
- The following information is required per traveler: nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date
- Visa/tax/tip money is cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel)
- Dress code:
- Winter: very warm clothing
- Summer: cool, comfortable clothing and head covering
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Operates Sunday-Thursday
- Hotel pick-up: 4.45am
- Hotel drop-off: approximately 10.30pm
Visit Jerusalem and Bethlemen in one day with this organised package tour: see Jerusalem's Old City ...
Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years and many battles have taken place there. The c...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
The unique Hebron dual narrative tour is renowned for exploring both perspectives and narratives of ...
Join a relaxed evening of cooking, chatting with other guests, learning about local cuisine and tast...
On this tour you'll depart from Jerusalem early on day 1, as you're going to start 3 days full of am...