Excursion to Venice and the lagoon islands
- Discover Venice city center and the lagoon islands in a single excursion that includes transport and pick-up
- Admire all Venice most remarkable monuments, from St. Mark's Square to the Rialto Bridge, passing through the Bridge of Sighs
- Stroll through the colorful houses of Burano and visit one of the famous glassworks of Murano
This excursion will allow you to know more about the customs and traditions of Venice but also about Burano and Murano, characteristic islands of the Lagoon.
After a visit to the beautiful city of Venice, including St. Mark's Square, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge, you will continue the tour going to Burano and Murano.
Burano is the island of the lagoon famous for the colorful houses. It is said that the bright colors were used by fishermen to find their home when they returned from work on days of heavy fog. To complete this living picture there is the splendid Bell Tower of the small Church of San Martino where you can see the "Crucifixion" by Tiepolo. In addition, this colorful island is famous for the craftsmanship of laces, which you can buy in the various stalls and small shops throughout the island.
The island of Murano is famous for its glass. This ancient art was handed down by Venetian traders when it disappeared from all over Europe with the fall of the Roman Empire. This allowed Venice to sell its products throughout Europe at an advantageous price. Over time, the various glassworks were located on the island of Murano to avoid the risk of fire and to keep the secret of glass processing.
In the various shops and glass factories on the island you can admire real works of art of all shapes and colors. Murano also hosts famous buildings such as the Basilica of Saints Maria and Donato, one of the oldest sacred buildings in the lagoon, characterized by Venetian, Byzantine and Romanesque elements. The floor is a colored mosaic that extends into the church. Finally, above the altar, you can see the relics of San Donato.
- Departure from Jesolo between 7.50 am and 8.20 am by private bus
- Boarding on a private motorboat at Punta Sabbioni
- Venice: walk from San Marco to Rialto
- Departure for Murano
- Visit of a glassworks in Murano
- Leisure time in Murano
- Arrival in Burano and visit of a lace gallery
- Leisure time in Burano
- Transfer from the hotel to Punta Sabbioni and back
- Arrival in Jesolo at 7:00 pm
- Transfer by Gran Turismo bus from the hotel to Punta Sabbioni and back
- Boat from Punta Sabbioni to Venice and the islands of Murano and Burano and back
- Tourist Guide
- This tour offers pick-up service. Click here to find your pick-up point among the proposed options
- The pick-up will be reconfirmed by email a few days before the tour
- Every Monday
- The pick-up service will take place between 7:50 and 8:20 am
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Treviso is an elegant, picturesque and romantic city of the Veneto region.Piazza dei Signori is the ...
This excursion is a unique opportunity to spend unforgettable hours in this enchanted city.The beaut...
Verona is a magical city that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.One of the m...
Cortina is a mountain town located in the province of Belluno known and frequented by the internatio...
Friday, November 22nd third act for 'Special Request' the new We Play club night The Music We Love. ...