Exploring Johannesburg and Soweto
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
Enjoy an orientation of the city of Johannesburg with a special visit to Soweto where you’ll get to see the Hector Pieterson Museum. Hector Pieterson has become an iconic image of the Sharpeville Massacre, due to a photograph published across the globe. Today, June 16 is the National Youth Day to honor Hector Peterson and the then-young people who fought against Apartheid rule. A memorial dedicated to one of the fallen heroes is not be missed!
1) Johannesburg City Orientation
Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa, by population and is also known as Jozi or Joburg. There are plenty of historic and attractive sites in Joburg like the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill or the Hector Pieterson Museum.
2) Soweto Orientation
Soweto is considered the biggest township in South Africa. It has been estimated that 40% of Johannesburg's residents live in Soweto. However, the 2008 Census put its population at 1,3 million. Nelson Mandela lived in Soweto from 1946 until 1961.
3) Hector Pieterson Museum
The Hector Pieterson Museum, situated in Soweto, commemorates the role of the country’s students in the struggle against apartheid. The commemorative site is just a few blocks from where 12-year-old Hector Pieterson was shot in 1976.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Driver guide
- Optional visits
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
Johannesburg, South Africa
Pick-up from your hotel or guesthouse in the Johannesburg area. At the time of booking you will be asked to provide a pick-up location among those provided.
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all time
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Depart: 08:30am
- Return: 12:00pm
- Departure: 01:00pm
- Return: 05:00pm
Come and discover the awe-inspiring beauty and serenity of the Pilanesberg National Park. You will e...
You get a pick-up from your hotel to start this interesting and exciting Pretoria, Johannesburg and ...
You will get a pick-up from your confirmed hotel in either Johannesburg or Pretoria before heading t...
Home to the Rainbow Nation, this fast-paced city combines the best of the new South Africa with the ...
Spend the morning exploring Johannesburg, viewing the highlights of the city, which include the brea...
If you want to see as much of Johannesburg as possible in one go, then hop on the red open-top buses...