Start with a pick-up from the hotel at 7.00 am and proceed to Kurunegala where you will visit Athugala Elephant Rock is an iconic site in the royal capital of Sri Lanka 45 km from Kandy. It is 325 meters from the ground and it is a gigantic shape of an elephant with a Buddha statue on the top of the rock. Afterward, you will proceed to Arankele, an archeological site with biological hotspots, medicinal plants, and ponds. This site dates back 800 years ago when Arahant Maliyadeva the last Arahant of Sri Lanka, spent his time meditating at Arankelle, making it an important place for ruins of an ancient forest monastery. After lunch, you will proceed to Yapahuwa, the capital of Sri Lanka in the 13th century that is built on 90 meters high rock boulder. End the tour at the Yapahuwa Rock Fortress a palace and military center to protect against foreign invaders.
Athugala Elephant Rock and Yapahuwa Rock Fortress tour from Kandy
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Visit Athugala Elephant Rock, an iconic site in the royal capital of Sri Lanka
- Learn about the biological hotspots, medicinal plants, and ponds at the archeological site in Arankele
- See Yapahuwa Rock Fortress a palace and military center to protect against foreign invaders
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and water
- Guided tour
Pick-up from your hotels in Kandy. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- This activity is not recommended for those with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, pregnant women, people with back problems, or with limited mobility
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- Please bring your passport or ID
- Please wear comfortable shoes, bring your sunglasses and sun hat. When you visit the temples please wear clothes that cover your knees and shoulders, no transparent clothes
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 50% refund.
What people say about this experience