Start with a pick-up from the hotel at 7.00 am and proceed to Kurunegala where you will visit Athugala Elephant Rock is an iconic site in the royal capital of Sri Lanka 45 km from Kandy. It is 325 meters from the ground and it is a gigantic shape of an elephant with a Buddha statue on the top of the rock. Afterward, you will proceed to Arankele, an archeological site with biological hotspots, medicinal plants, and ponds. This site dates back 800 years ago when Arahant Maliyadeva the last Arahant of Sri Lanka, spent his time meditating at Arankelle, making it an important place for ruins of an ancient forest monastery. After lunch, you will proceed to Yapahuwa, the capital of Sri Lanka in the 13th century that is built on 90 meters high rock boulder. End the tour at the Yapahuwa Rock Fortress a palace and military center to protect against foreign invaders.
Athugala Elephant Rock and Yapahuwa Rock Fortress tour from Kandy
- Visit Athugala Elephant Rock, an iconic site in the royal capital of Sri Lanka
- Learn about the biological hotspots, medicinal plants, and ponds at the archeological site in Arankele
- See Yapahuwa Rock Fortress a palace and military center to protect against foreign invaders
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and water
- Guided tour
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission
Pick-up from your hotels in Kandy. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
- This activity is not recommended for those with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, pregnant women, people with back problems, or with limited mobility
- Please bring your passport or ID
- Please wear comfortable shoes, bring your sunglasses and sun hat. When you visit the temples please wear clothes that cover your knees and shoulders, no transparent clothes
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Please wait in the hotel lobby 5 minutes before the pickup time
Start with a pick-up from the hotel at 8.00 am and drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the Temp...
Start bright and early from your hotel at 4.00am to go to Arugam Bay, which is located on the Southe...
Start your tour with a pick-up from the hotel at 5.30am to drive to Polonnaruwa which will take appr...
Start with a pick-up at your hotel at 7.00am and you will climb the Dambulla Cave Temple which takes...
You will be picked up at 7.00am to go to Aluviharaya Rock Temple. Continuing on with your learning j...
Start the tour at 7.00am to go to Trincomalee Harbour, formerly a naval base of the Royal Navy and w...