Kachemak Bay State Park wilderness hiking
- Take a stroll through the refreshing Alaskan wilderness
- Learn of the history of the land and the animals that live there
- Bring your camera for a scenic photo of the astounding landscape
Hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park is an experience you’ll never forget. Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in Kachemak Bay State Park. As you follow your guide through forested trails, learn about local history and the lush nature of the area, and savor pristine views of glaciers, mountains, lakes, and the alpine tundra.
Accompanied by a guide, head to this remote park located on the Kenai Peninsula, accessible only by boat or plane. The beautiful wilderness park spans an impressive 400,000 acres of diverse terrain. Your guide takes you out on a trail tailored to your group’s difficulty preferences that showcases the gorgeous nature of the wilderness park.
As you hike, learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The area is home to a number of large animals, including bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and a vast array of sealife. During a stop for a satisfying picnic lunch surrounded by lush landscapes, you can relax in breathe in the fresh mountain air.
- Children under 12
The meeting time/location can vary depending on time of the season and the physical abilities of the clients. Please contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures prior to your trip at +1 907-331-4912 to coordinate with your guide.
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Available to all ages. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring a waterproof rain jacket with hood, rain pants (recommended), waterproof hiking shoes (recommended), clothes for dressing in layers, and dress for current weather conditions. You may also bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items
- Tour includes 6-8 miles of walking
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Daily; May - Septmeber at 9.00am
- The actual start time for your tour date may vary due to tide cycles and/or weather. Your start time could be earlier or later than 9.00am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to check-in
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
Enjoy hiking and boating through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, hiking through the forest and t...
A customized, small group tour led by experienced naturalist guides to the best Alaska bear viewing ...
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in the Kenai National Wildlife ...
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in one of our many superb hikin...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...