Scenic boating and hiking tour through Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
- Explore the epic Alaskan hiking terrain not accessible by car
- See unique views along with exclusive mountain discoveries
- Take a tranquil boat ride on a glacial lake within the mountains
- Backcountry hike throughout Kenai National Wildlife Refuge with one-of-a-kind photo opportunities
Enjoy hiking and boating through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, hiking through the forest and then above the tree-line as your knowledgeable guide explains some of the area’s history. Boat across a glacial lake in the midst of soaring cliffs as you journey deeper into the wilderness.
Embark on a boating and hiking adventure to discover parts of the Kenai Peninsula that go unseen by most travelers. Journey across a turquoise glacial lake nestled in the Kenai Mountains as you head further into the Alaskan wilderness.
Once you land on shore begin an exhilarating hike through the backcountry of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. Trek through the forest as your guide points out local wildlife, and then climb above the tree-line to marvel at spectacular mountain views. Eat a picnic lunch and admire the delicate wildflowers and berries before making your way back
- Professional Wilderness Guide
- Scenic boating transportation to and from hiking areas
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Interpretive guided hiking
- Deli lunch (sandwiches)
- Snacks, water and tea
The meeting time/location can vary depending on time of the season and the physical abilities of the clients. Please contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures prior to your trip at +1-907-331-4912 to coordinate with your guide.
- Tour is operated in bear country in rain or shine
- Hiking may involve uneven, slippery terrain with distances up to 6 miles. Hiking routes may vary due to trail and weather conditions. The pace is slow and not rushed
- This tour is available for all ages. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring sturdy, well broken-in waterproof (recommended) hiking boots or shoes, waterproof rain jacket with hood, rain pants (recommended) and clothes for dressing in layers. Dress for current weather conditions
- You may bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items
- The boating portion of this tour is subject to favorable weather conditions due to operating vessels on a large glacial lake. If the weather does not permit safe travel by boat, your group will hike trails in the area that do not require access by boat
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Daily; May - September at 9.00am
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to check-in
You'll start the day in the sun at Clearwater Beach. The blue water, white sands and warm weather of...
What happened in December of 1773 in the Boston Harbor is known as one of the most important events ...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings ...
Your tour will start with a luxury limousine transfer from your Las Vegas hotel to the Grand Canyon ...
Make a Splash on the SEAL! Experience San Diego as it was meant to be experienced...by land and by s...