Key West Aquarium
- Have a fun-filled day with your family and friends at one of the most unique aquariums
- Hold a live starfish or even pet a shark
- Explore the habitats of the magnificent creatures who live Big Blue
At the Key West Aquarium you’ll get closer than you’ve ever been (without getting wet) to some of the world’s most intriguing marine species. Opened in 1934, the Key West Aquarium was the very first attraction in the city; it was also the largest aquarium of its kind at the time.
Today, it’s twice the size and showcases many of the sea animals that live in the waters surrounding the Florida Keys. See moray eels, stingrays, barracuda, parrotfish, tarpon, sharks, sea turtles and an array of tropical fish. Learn about their habitats and habits from the Key West Aquarium’s knowledgeable guides.
Have a hands-on experience like never before as you see, feel and pick-up the amazing animals that live in the Touch Tank. They are all harmless, gentle creatures just waiting to get a closer look at you! Listen carefully as Aquarium staff reveal facts and information about these mysterious species.
Be sure to be on hand as hungry sharks and sea turtles devour their breakfast, lunch or late afternoon snack; feedings occur daily at 11.00am, 1.00pm and 4.00pm. The Atlantic Shores exhibit offers visitors a chance to learn about a mangrove environment. And the 50,000-gallon tank is home to many colorful and lively tropical and game fish.
- Viewing of shark and sea turtle feedings
- Children 4-12 years
- Children under 3 are free
Parking is available at Mallory Square or The Westin Parking garage.
- Self-guided tour with guided tours available
- Shark feeding viewing available
- Reservations are not needed
- Daily 10.00am-6.00pm
- Guided tours offered every half hour starting at 10.00am-5.00pm
- Shark Feeding at 11.00am,1.00pm, 3.00pm and 4.00pm. Guided 20-minute feeding tours offered throughout the day from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Enjoy our day-long tour on one of Sebago's luxurious 60' catamarans. Perfect for families or large g...
Sebago's Bugeye Backcountry Adventure Eco Tour combines three great Key West adventures into one day...
Start your morning right on a sailing catamaran with a reef snorkel. Picture yourself swimming in wa...
The perfect Key West sunset sail. Picture yourself on the deck of a romantic 2-masted schooner. Wind...
Eat your way around Key West on this 3-hour food tour with a guide who introduces you to six "mom an...
Taste your way through Key West's ultra-fresh seafood on a gourmet walking tour with a local guide. ...