Ancient Kiev private walking city tour
- Learn the most interesting facts from the centuries-old history of Kiev
- Discover the ancient Golden Gates and Yaroslav the Wise Monument
- Be amazed by the beauty of UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral
- Find out the history of St. Michael's Golden Domed Monastery
- Feel an amazing atmosphere of the Andreevsky Descent and its neighborhoods
Discover the most interesting attractions of the central part of Kiev on the 3-hour private walking tour with an expert local guide. From the ancient St. Sophia Cathedral and Golden Gates to the modern Landscape Alley and vibrant Andreevsky Descent – this tour is an excellent way to explore Kiev.
You will start your walking tour from the famous historical monument – the Golden Gates, which were the main entrance to the town of Kiev during the ruling of Prince Yaroslav the Wise. Situated in a cozy park, it is one of the favorite places of Kiev citizens and tourists.
Then you will pass towards the St. Sophia Square and admire the amazing ensemble of St. Sophia Cathedral. Founded in XI century, it is one of the most iconic constructions of the ancient Kiev, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. You will see a famous Hetman Bohdan Khmelnitskiy Monument in front of the St. Sophia Cathedral.
Our tour continues as we visit St. Michael’s Golden Domed Cathedral and discover the history of this sight. The highlight of this walking tour is a splendid St. Andrew’s Church built in Baroque style. It is located right near the Starokievska Mountain, which is the cradle of Kiev.
Then, travelling from the antiquity to the present days you will enjoy a pleasant walk through the Landscape Alley. This is a picturesque modern park, often compared with Park Guell in Barcelona, where you will see intriguing statues, beautiful playground and admire the panorama of Kiev.
This tour ends in the city center and your guide will advise you the best cafés and restaurants where you may have lunch after the tour.
- Walking tour through the city with a professional guide
- Admission tickets to St. Sofia Cathedral (3,5 euro/adults, 1,5 euro/children)
- Gratuities (optional)
Golden Gate, Kiev, Volodymyrska St, 40А, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
- At the Golden Gates, near the Statue of Prince Yaroslav the Wise
- Pease note: St. Sofia Cathedral is closed on Thursdays
- The admission prices to St. Sofia Cathedral are: 3,5 Euro for Adults and 1,5 Euro for children
- Every day throughout the year at 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm and 3.00pm
- Highlights tour In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new...
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
The Airport Express is one of the world's leading airport railway systems that offers swift, sure li...
Glimpse 360-degree views of Hong Kong and the famous Victoria Harbour from the sky100 Hong Kong Obse...
This tour will show you the gritty, traditional, but also a mirror of contemporary Hong Kong, the Ko...