- Visit the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - one of the most haunted places on the planet
- Discover abandoned streets and buildings of the ghost town of Pripyat
- Learn the most striking facts about the biggest nuclear catastrophe in the history
- See the “Russian Woodpecker”, a top-secret military object of the Cold War period
- Find out how nature changes the look of the town if people don’t live there for 30 years
Visit Chernobyl and Pripyat on a full day small-group tour from Kiev and reveal the striking facts about the biggest nuclear disaster in the history. This is once-in-a-lifetime experience you can’t miss.
Meet your guide and the rest of the group in the city center and travel to Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, located in 1.5-hour drive from Kiev. After the tragic events of the 26 April, 1986, when the reactor of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant had exploded, all the population of the nearby territories was evacuated. Nowadays, abandoned cities of Chernobyl and Pripyat attract adventure travelers from all over the world with its surreal atmosphere.
During the tour, you will pass a deserted village Zalecie, see a monument to the first victims of the explosion, and abandoned buildings. Your guide will show you an impressive defense antenna Duga-1, also known as the “Russian Woodpecker”.
Moreover, you will walk through the street of the ghost town of Pripyat and see many sights with Soviet symbolic, including the House of Culture. Your guide will show your abandoned school and hotel, a swimming pool and playground with a Farris wheel.
Before leaving the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, you will pass a special control, when the level of the radiation will be checked. You will arrive in Kiev in the evening and the tour will end in the city center.
- Professional English-speaking guide along the route
- Roundtrip transfer
- Formal permissions
- Dosimeter rent (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- The tour meets at McDonald's in Kiev
- This tour must be booked at least 10 days in advance. This time is needed to obtain all of the necessary Chernobyl Exclusion Zone permits. Bookings made less than 10 days in advance are unlikely to be confirmed
- You’ll need to provide your passport details, date of birth and nationality to complete the booking
- This tour is only available for ages 18 and up
- You must bring a valid passport on the day of the tour to pass security control and enter the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Daily at 8.00am
Scopri le attrazioni più interessanti della parte centrale di Kiev con un tour privato a piedi di 3 ...
In questo affascinante laboratorio privato imparerai la tecnica di realizzare il tradizionale Uovo d...
Visita uno dei musei più importanti e famosi di Kiev, il Museo nazionale della storia ucraina nella ...
Scopri i fatti più interessanti e significativi sulla storia della comunità ebraica a Kiev in un tou...
Esplora la residenza dell'ex presidente dell'Ucraina Victor Yanukovich a Mezhyhirya, che è uno dei l...
Viaggia fino alla base delle forze missilistiche strategiche vicino a Pervomaysk che era un oggetto ...