Wieliczka Salt Mine off the beaten paths guided tour along the miner's route
- Choose an unusual and definitely amazing way to discover the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Become a real miner, covered in working clothes and equipped with pickaxe
- Walk through the trail, far off the beaten tourist route, and experience the former inner working life
- Learn the ropes of this demanding profession guided by the light of a mining lamp
- Crawl from one chamber to another, dig the salt and measure the contraction of methane with your own hands
This Miner's Route Tour is a unique experience for those who are looking for off-the-beaten-track activities. It gives you an amazing possibility to avoid the crowded tourist route at Wieliczka Salt Mine and to explore this fascinating place as it really was in the past.
The adventure starts with getting the protective clothing and equipment (ex. a lamp, which sometimes will be the only source of light). Once everyone is looking as a real miner, the journey begins! Descent into the darkness by the oldest existing mine shaft, the Regis, and have the tasks assigned by the guide. Be prepared to dig the salt and to measure the contraction of methane. Each task has to be carried out carefully because the foreman is ready to evaluate your job.
The route leads through a dizzying network of tunnels that are held in place by thick, wooden beams.
This visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort!! You may have to crawl from one chamber to another. The Miner's Route allows direct access to one of the kind mining site with the medieval pits of the unique value. During the tour professional guide helps to discover the secrets of mining traditions and rituals.
The tour ends with an official ceremony which allow the participants to call themselves ‚miners'.
- Entrance to the Miner's Route of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Protective coverall and mining equipment (a lamp, a POG absorber and a helmet)
- Supervision of a professional guide
- Waterproof shoes (please do not forget to have appropriate shoes)
- Fee for photography (cost on site: 10 PLN)
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children 0-10 years: NOT ADMITTED!
- Students: reduced, only showing a valid student's ID card
7 Edwarda Dembowskiego Street, Wieliczka
DISCOVER CRACOW TOURIST INFORMATION POINT closed to the entrance of the Wieliczka Salt Mine (GPS: 49.985063, 20.056599)
- Do not undertake this tour if you are claustrophobic!
- This tour is not refundable
- Children under the age of 11 years are not admitted to the Miner's Route
- The visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort
- The trail does not connect with the Tourist Route and associated chambers - including the Chapel of St. Kinga
- The tour takes of course place under the supervision of a guide
- The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
- You will need really appropriate shoes (also, part of the route may by covered by mood)
- Tour in Polish at 9:30am and 12:30am
- Tour in English at 10:00am and 1:30pm
- Please be at the Meeting Point at least 15 minutes before the tour starts
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Krakow. Discover the most important sights of the city ...
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krako...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...
Krakow reveals its romantic side at night, when the sun goes down and thousands of lights illuminate...
On this complex one day tour, you will visit Auschwitz - Birkenau, and Wieliczka Salt Mine.Pay your ...
Pay your respects at the most notorious of all Nazi concentration camps, Auschwitz-Birkenau.You will...