Entrance tickets to La Rochelle Towers
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
Visit the three towers of La Rochelle, remains of the medieval maritime fortifications.
The town’s development started in the 11th century and was assured from the 14th century on by the protection afforded by the towers. The Saint Nicolas and Chaîne towers were particularly important, as they controlled entry to the port by the many trading ships.
All three towers in La Rochelle were designed to be lived in, but from the 16th to the 18th centuries two of them (namely the Saint Nicolas and Chaîne towers) were also used as prisons for Huguenots and foreign sailors. They were then used as military prisons in the 19th century. The Lanterne tower was used to disarm boats before they came into port and served as a lighthouse.
Attention! The Saint-Nicolas tower of La Rochelle will be closed for work from 10 to 14 September included.
- Entrance fees
- Audio guide
- Free admission for under 18 and 18-25 years residents and member of UE.
- Reduced rate available on site for 18-25 not nationals and/or residents of the U.E.
Centre des monuments nationaux, Résidence "La Corvette" 22, quai Louis Durand, 17088 La Rochelle
Show your ticket at the entrance of the towers. Opening hours: Every day from 10.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.15pm to 5.30pm | last admission 45 min before closing.
- Attention! The Saint-Nicolas tower of La Rochelle will be closed for work from 10 to 14 September included.
- Open ticket valid until 29.08.2019
- No baggage deposit is offered within the monument
- Free admission 1st Sunday of the month (from 1 January to 31 March and from 1 November to 31 December)
- Free admission during the "European Heritage Days" on the 3rd weekend of September
From October 1st to March 31st
Every day from 10.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.15pm to 5.30pm
Closed the first Mondays of each month
From April 1st to June 30th and from September 1st to 30th
Every day from 10.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.15pm to 6.30pm
Closed the first Monday mornings of each month.
Last admission: 45 minutes before closing
Closed on 1 January, 1 May, and 25 December
Hard Rock Cafe Nice pays homage to the city’s ethnically diverse culture and fascinating waterfront,...
Il y a des mondes et des époques que l’on croyait à jamais disparus. Pourtant, la forêt centenaire d...
Enjoy the Musée d’Orsay’s fantastic collection of Impressionist art with this day-ticket that’s vali...
Explore the city of Lourdes with a guide and learn more about the Marian apparitions of the Virgin M...
Make the most of trip in Paris with this combo offer including an audioguided tour of the Eiffel Tow...
After the great success of the first edition, we decided to hand over the package with even more sou...