Self-guided tour of the antique libraries of Lunigiana
- Discover the treasures of the libraries of the stunning region of Lunigiana
- Learn all there is to know about the sites you'll have access to, without having to wait for groups or guides
- In the restoration lab of ancient books, you'll experience a sensorial journey among different textures
- Explore the library of the Seminary of Pontremoli and home to 25,000 manuscripts
Discover the treasures of the libraries of the stunning region of Lunigiana, halfway between Liguria and Tuscany, on a self-guided tour. In the course of the experience, you'll have the chance to visit the Library located in the splendid Seminary of Pontremoli, founded in the 1300s by Franciscan monks, and home to 25,000 manuscripts, movable character documents and ancient books. You'll spend some time inside the restoration lab of ancient books where you'll experience a sensorial journey among different textures. Elisa, the manager of the lab, will help you create inks following ancient recipes or using the leather stamp.
Your last stop will be Castiglione del Terziere castle, where you'll get to leaf the pages of valuable manuscripts and literary masterpieces stepping right back into the atmosphere of past times.
- Guided tour of the region with the App OYO
- Entrance to Seminary library
- Ancient book restoration activity
- Entrance to the Castiglione del Terziere Castle
- Pick-up and transfers
Piazzale Bruno Raschi, 2, 54027 Pontremoli MS, Italy
Your self-guided tour will start in front of the Pontremoli station.
- This experience is only available for groups of two or more people
- Please note that transfers from one stop to the next are not included
- The OYO tourist guide app is free; you'll find the link to download it on the voucher you'll receive after you've booked the experience
Every day at 10.00am.
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called Cinque Terre, a precious Unesc...
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Une...
Join this private tour led by a local guide to discover the stunning Ligurian lands known as Cinque ...
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrou...
One of the most evocative places to taste the Cinque Terre wines is an old wine cellar: with this to...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...