Private Haworth, Bolton Abbey and Yorkshire Dales tour from Leeds
- Explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Visit Bolton Abbey and the 12th century Augustine Priory
This private day trip from Leeds provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including the West Yorkshire Pennine Village of Haworth (made famous by the Bronte sisters and home to the Bronte Parsonage Museum), Bingley Five Rise Locks (the most spectacular feature of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal), the traditional Yorkshire Dales village of Linton (with its stone bridges and limestone falls), Bolton Abbey (where you will see the stunning setting of the ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Monastery); and learn about the history of the area from your guide as you enjoy the spectacular scenery of the National Park.
You will be picked up at 9.00am from your choice of location in Leeds for this guided day trip to explore Bronte Country and the scenic and picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park. The first stop is at the Bingley Five Rise Locks where you will see the highest Staircase Lock in the UK, a spectacular feat of engineering constructed in 1774 as part of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal and still in use today.
You will then arrive in Haworth, on the edge of the rugged Pennine Moors, where the Bronte family lived from 1820 and the sisters wrote their famous novels, for a two and a half hour stopover lunchtime. You can visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the Bronte Memorial Chapel in the nearby Church where their father preached, or just explore the quaint shops on the cobbled main street and have a leisurely lunch in one of the traditional cafes. You will head up Penistone Hill for a photo stop to admire the moorland views towards Top Withens, where the Bronte sisters walked to gain inspiration, before travelling north into Wharfedale in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
You will arrive in the picture postcard setting of the traditional Dales village of Linton for another photo opportunity at Linton Falls, before continuing your journey through the National Park. The final stop is at Bolton Abbey, where entry is free and you will have time to explore the Priory Church and ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Priory in its beautiful riverside setting.
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adverse weather/road conditions, particularly during the winter months, may result in the route and itinerary having to be changed on the day
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR VISITS OLD EMMERDALE LOCATIONS**The Emmerdale Classic tour is perfect ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Watford 04-05-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...
barclays premier league: Watford FC - Wolverhampton Wanderers FC 27-04-2019 17 Occupation Rd, Watfor...
The first stop is the Dark Hedges, known as the location where Arya Stark made her escape down The K...