Private North York Moors and Whitby tour from Leeds
- Full-day private tour of the Yorkshire Dales from Leeds
- Get a taste of local life in towns like Askrigg, Wensleydale and Pateley Bridge
- See the Yorkshire Dales, Aysgarth Falls and tour Bolton Castle
Take a day out from Leeds on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and Whitby, with extended stops in the market town of Helmsley, the village of Goathland (Heartbeat and Harry Potter filming location) and the fishing port of Whitby. See Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books), visit the Captain Cook Museum, shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic Fashion or sample Fish 'n' Chips from the famous Magpie Cafe. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this private minicoach tour, for any group size up to a maximum of 15.
Starting in the morning from Leeds, this private guided full-day trip takes you to the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including Wensleydale, Littondale and Nidderdale. The first stop is at Wensleydale’s most famous landmark, the 14th century Bolton Castle which once housed Mary Queen of Scots, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy and photograph the magnificent views over Wensleydale, learn a bit about the history of the area from your Guide, or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in the medieval castle’s Tea Room.
You will then make the short journey to Aysgarth to see and photograph the major falls which were a filming location for Robin Hood – Prince of Thieves, before following the scenic route to Hawes, passing through the traditional Dales village of Askrigg, the filming location for "Darrowby" in the James Herriot "All Creatures Great and Small" TV series. Spend one and a half hours in Hawes, the highest Market Town in England, where you can maybe grab some lunch and see how cheese is made at the world famous Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre, visit the Dales Countryside Museum.
After Hawes you will head into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park for some photo stops as you pass through the picturesque traditional Dales villages along the meandering route of the River Wharfe. Arrive in the stunning setting of the conservation village of Arncliffe. Continue your journey through the beautiful countryside of the National Park, passing Kilnsey Crag and the village of Grassington, then into the rolling hills of Nidderdale, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The final stop is in the charming little town of Pateley Bridge.
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Between November and March some attractions are closed and, depending upon weather conditions, this tour may follow a different route through the Dales after Hawes and arrive back in Leeds a little earlier, around 5.15pm
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR VISITS OLD EMMERDALE LOCATIONS**The Emmerdale Classic tour is perfect ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Watford 04-05-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...
barclays premier league: Watford FC - Wolverhampton Wanderers FC 27-04-2019 17 Occupation Rd, Watfor...
In only an hour your guide will help you to scratch beneath the surface of the northern city to disc...
Enjoy an intimate introduction to England's capital on a private 3-hour tour of London with a driver...