Lima historic center’ street food night tour
- Learn about the main historical sites of Lima
- Discover the architectural landmarks
- Sample 14 types of foods and drinks (depends on you!)
Learn about the main historical sites and discover the architectural landmarks of Peru’s capital like the main square (Plaza de Armas), the Government Palace, the Cathedral of Lima, Plaza San Martin and more! During this street food tour, sample 14 types of foods and drinks (depends on you!), which are all popular on-the-go dining options among locals.
Embark on a 4 hour-long walking food journey with our Lima Historic Center's Street Food Night Tour! Meet with your guide and your fellow foodies at the entrance of the Hotel Bolivar, in Plaza San Martin. During this culinary experience, you will have the chance to taste popular on-the-go delicacies that locals devour when the night comes. While trying some tasteful local delicacies, you’ll be learning more about Peru's history and interesting facts around the local – informal – economy and daily life in Peru. Then, you’ll head up to the historic center of Lima. Discover most impressive and architectural masterpieces Lima owns, an heritage left by the Spanish conquistadors.
For a small portion of the tour, and at your discretion, your guide will suggest and invite you to try a few of the best street food options, from popular desserts to salty dishes. As you can see in the menu below, the dishes listed with an asterisk* are optionals and are sold by street vendors and their carretillas. Prepare a 20 soles ($6) budget for this section of the tour.
Although it’s very likely that you will have the chance to taste everything listed below, please note that it’s possible that the menu might slightly changes depending on seasonality and product availability. But don’t worry, you won’t feel hungry at the end of this Lima's historic center food tour.
- Yuca rellena Yuca is a root and as the potatoes, it is commonly served as a side dish. Here it’s mashed and filled with spiced ground beef, raisin, boiled egg, etc. Simply delicious!
- Chilcano Popular beverage made of pisco, ginger ale and lime
- Pan con chicharrón Sandwich filled with a typical Peruvian fried pork belly, accompanied with fried sweet potato, onions and "limo" chili peppers.
- Chicha morada Natural drink made of purple corn
- Churro Spanish heritage! A sweet pastry filled with dulce de leche (caramelized condensed milk).
- Artisanal beers Artisanal beers made with coca leaves and chicha de jora (alcohol made with Andean corn).
- Tamal Steamed corn dough filled with pork or chicken. This is the typical Sunday morning breakfast, but also perfect as a snack before dinner.
- Emoliente Prepared with various herbs, traditionally the emoliente is taken for medical purpose, but has become a popular drink taken in the evening. You’ll find emolienteros at almost every corner.
- * Anticuchos Grilled beef hearts a Peruvian street food classic. These brochettes are marinated in ají panca, garlic, cumin and vinegar and cooked over flames. They’re usually accompanied with rachi or pancita (tripe), corn, potato and its sauces.
- * Picarones Known as the Peruvian donuts, picarones are made of a sweet potatoes and pumpkin dough, which is deep fried before served with sugar cane syrup.
- * Cachanga Described as a sweet tortilla, this Peruvian fried crepe is another street food classic eaten at the end of the afternoon, with a good cup of coffee.
- * Mazamorra morada + arroz con leche Two in one! Most people prefer the combinado, half maíz pudding made of purple corn and half rice pudding.
- Tasting of 14 Peruvian flavors
- Official expert guide in English
- Overview of Peru and Lima history
- Sighting of Lima Historic Center's main attractions
- Pick up & drop off in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or Centro de Lima
- Donation to NGO Action Against Hunger Peru ("1 tour = 1 meal" social impact partnership to fight anemia and malnutrition in Ayacucho)
- Dedicated support during your stay in Peru
- Some of the samples mentioned above are optionals, bring about 20 soles to try your guide' suggestions
- Feeling hungry – seriously!
In front of the Gran Hotel Bolívar
Although the tour starts in front of the Gran Hotel Bolívar at 5:30 pm, you will be picked up by taxi at your desired location in Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco districts (included in the price) around 5:00 pm. We will follow up with you about this via email after your booking.
The tour ends where it starts (Gran Hotel Bolívar). From there, you will be dropped off by taxi at your desired location in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or Centro de Lima districts (included in the price) – estimated arrival time is around 10:15 pm
During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup.
- 5:30 pm
We will climb the lit pre-Columbian pyramid where the Larco Museum is built, and discover the treasu...
Come see the spectacular cultural sites of Peru’s capital city, Lima!We will have a tour through Lim...
We will begin our exploration by learning more about the ancient Peruvian inhabitants in the Larco M...
In the morning we will set off for the archaeological sanctuary of Pachacamac which is located at on...
Sample more than 16 peruvians dishes and drinks in one of the most beautiful district of Lima. Take ...
Taste the most typical Peruvian savours in a vegan way! Fishless ceviche and meatless lomo saltado a...