Get ready to discover all the historic main attractions, a selection of traditional Portuguese tapas and amazing panoramic views. Our golden rule to explore the best of Lisbon is... by following our enthusiastic guides! They are specialized in the Portuguese history and cheeky curiosities, secret spots and gastronomy!
This tour will focus on the most authentic neighborhoods, the perfect places to find traditional taverns and amazing restaurants.
In Alfama (the oldest district in Lisbon) you’ll experience the real Lisbon with its charismatic (and intense) people, cats sleeping on windowsills, twisting streets and blind alleyways where the roofs almost touch each other. Going up the hill until Graça you’ll find a breathtaking panoramic view at the famous belvedere “Nossa Senhora do Monte”.
After a moment of relax at the viewpoint we start going down the hill to salute Mouraria, Lisbon’s most multiethnic neighborhood. Here you may find all types of restaurants because about a fifth of the population is from Asia, mainly from China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Now, the most important part of this tour, the tasting experiences! We’ll take you to Lisbon’s great Cafés and Taverns, important landmarks of this city where you’ll be able to have some snacks and drinks.
Here are some examples of the tastings:
- Custard Tarts: Lisbon’s ex-libris whose original recipe comes from the Jerónimos Monastery located in Belém area.
- Codfish Cakes: A symbol of the traditional Portuguese gastronomy that uses one of its most famous ingredients.
- “Bifana”: The greatest pork steak sandwiches.
- Ginja Liquor: The Portuguese sweet cherry liquor.
- Portuguese Green Wine: Unique Portuguese wine that originated in the historic Minho province in the far north of the country.
- Tinned Fish Degustation: One of the greatest Portuguese gastronomic tradition (sardines, mackerel or tuna).