Full-day tour of Classic Lisbon, Sintra and Cascais
- Explore beautiful and historical monuments from the 15th and 16th centuries such as Belém Tower
- Visit the church of St. Jerome Monastery, a masterpiece in the "Manueline" style
- Experience on an unforgettable afternoon to Sintra, an UNESCO Cultural Landscape
- Travel to the westermost point of Europe at Cabo da Roca
- Admire the bay views from the cosmopolitan city of Cascais
Discover the best of Lisbon and Sintra!
Spend several hours discovering Lisbon. You will begin by crossing the 25th April Bridge (if possible), on your way back you will enjoy fantastic views of Lisbon and its hills before traveling on to Belém Quarter. Here you will find numerous beautiful and historical monuments from the 15th and 16th centuries such as Belém Tower where you will make a brief stop.
This UNESCO World Heritage Site represents the discoveries made during the Portuguese maritime explorations. The Monument to the Discoveries, built to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the "death" of Prince Henry the Navigator, represents those who took part in the Age of Discoveries.
Next, you will visit another World Heritage Site, the church of St. Jerome Monastery, a masterpiece in the "Manueline" style. The National Coach Museum will be your next stop. It holds some of the most important collections of old carriages in the world! As you travel along the river we will arrive at Alfama. In this old and traditional district, you will walk through narrow streets and visit a handicraft shop for a taste of Port wine.
As you pass by the downtown (known as the Baixa district) admire Lisbon's most important squares such as the monumental Trade Square, Rossio Square (known as "the heart of Lisbon") and the symbolic Restauradores Square. Afterwards you will drive along the "boulevard" of Lisbon, Liberdade Avenue. End at Pombal Square where the statue of a famous statesman from the 18th century can be seen.
Enjoy free time for lunch before embarking on an unforgettable afternoon to Sintra, a UNESCO Cultural Landscape. While you are here be sure to taste delicious local sweets in the tea- rooms such as "queijadas" or "travesseiros".
Afterwards you will travel through the Sintra Mountains where lavish and exuberant vegetation can be seen before arriving at Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point in Europe. Along the coast, you will pass by Guincho Beach were you can see windsurfers and Boca do Inferno (a grotto created by erosion.) Throughout this part of the journey, enjoy the constant view of the sea and surrounding landscape until you reach the cosmopolitan city of Cascais where you will enjoy a glimpse over the bay.
During the return journey you will pass through Estoril for a panoramic view of the casino and its gardens.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Lisbon Central Hotels
- Guided visits
- Entrance to Jerónimos’ Monastery, Coach Museum and Ajuda National Palace
- Port Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children (aged 6-10) : 50% price
Alameda Edgar Cardoso, 1070-051 Lisboa, Portugal
Tour departs from the bus terminal located at Parque Eduardo VII / Marquês de Pombal Square or schedule pick-up service from your centrally located accommodation after booking.
- The Jerónimos Monastery and the Coach Museum are closed on Mondays, but in replacement of both of them, you will visit the Palácio da Ajuda (Ajuda Palace)
- National Sintra Palace is closed on Wednesdays, instead you will visit Queluz Palace
- Visit Cabo da Roca only from 1st March till 31st October
- Daily at 9.00am
- Arrive at the meeting location 15 minutes prior to tours departure
The tour leaves Lisbon around 09:00 a.m. as we head Towards Fátima. This small countryside town is w...
The beautiful Azulejo tiles you see in Lisbon and around Portugal are the result of an art form with...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Lisbon on a full-day tour of Sintra and Cascais, 2 small villages wi...
For many years Lisbon has been nurturing a booming and creative community of artists that use the wa...
Start your delicious day meeting our Executive Chef at one of the best Local Food Market in Lisbon.H...