Segway Medieval Tour in English
- A fascinating tour through time
- Discover the sounds, smells and sights of the Old Lisbon while visiting the beautiful Alfama district
- Take part to this tour with an English storyteller
During this tout, discover Alfama district, a place full of memories where you can see and feel the presence of its Moorish past. The heritage is easy to identify in the architecture, the meandering streets and steep flights of steps, arcades, cozy squares and whitewashed houses. With your segway, you will glide effortlessly through the colorful and narrow streets with zero carbon emissions. This is the most exciting way of showing you the thrilling and vibrant history of Lisbon’s most authentic neighborhood.
According to our experience, the stop elected as "the favorite" is at the National Pantheon, also known as St. Engratia Church. It’s a majestic baroque monument that took three centuries to build (from 1682 to 1966) and it is the resting place of the most important cultural and political figures in the country. Leaving the Pantheon behind we’ll arrive at the famous Flea Market location (which takes place only at Tuesdays and Saturdays), a big area where you can visit the Santa Clara Market (a building from 1877) and a welcoming garden called Botto Machado that has a beautiful view over the river.
Another must see included in this tour is Mouraria, Lisbon’s most multiethnic neighborhood. Here you may find all types of restaurants because about a fifth of the population is from Asia, mainly from China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. Before the end of the tour, you will see Lisbon Cathedral.
- Commerce Square
- Martim Moniz Square
- English Storyteller
- Bottled water
- 1 Drink Voucher
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
R. dos Douradores 16, 1100-206 Lisboa, Portugal
- You will received your confirmation after the booking
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for this tour
- All participants must be between 45Kg and 118Kg (99.20 pounds and 260.14 pounds); and minimum height of 1.5 meters (4.9 feet)
- Minimum age 12 years old in order to qualify to participate in this activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- The use of safety helmet is mandatory.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women and intoxicated people, not recommended to mentally or physically incapacitated people or to people with prosthesis.
- Please use the Segway in a responsible way and follow the rules of the road.
- At 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm
This guided tour will introduce you to the Portuguese cuisine and its incredible mix of Mediterranea...
The monuments in Belém are cultural icons and a must-see on any tour itinerary. Because of the uniqu...
Join us on this full day tour which full of unforgettable experiences: live history in the medieval ...
Skip the long lines for taxis and the hassle of using public transportation on arrival at Lisbon Air...
On this private tour, you will leave the city of Lisbon behind and head out towards the countryside ...
This tour allows you to pick from our different itineraries to make your own 4-hour journey in Lisbo...