Maribor and Ptuj day trip from Ljubljana with ŽIče Carthusian Monastery
- Visit the beautiful Ptuj Castle
- Admire the impressive Žiče Carthusian Monastery
- Walk around in the most charming medieval towns
The north-east of Slovenia is a blend of fascinating nature, inspiring traditions and vibrant history. On your day trip, you will visit two cities. Admire Slovenia's oldest town Ptuj with its magnificent castle, and explore the inviting city of Maribor, which is the second biggest city in Slovenia.
Next, you will have the chance to taste some excellent wines from the sunny vineyards of the Štajerska region. At the end of your day, you will visit a Carthusian monastery in Žice, one of the most beautiful medieval monasteries.
- English-speaking guide
- Sightseeing tour of Maribor and Ptuj
- Entrance to Žice Carthusian Monastery
- Ptuj Castle entrance fee
- Wine tasting
Grand Hotel Union Business, Miklošičeva street 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Ljubljana. Please indicate your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not select a pick-up point, you will be automatically assigned to the Grand Hotel Union Business pick-up point.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour operates every day at 8.30am
Dive right into the heart of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and discover its essence by ...
Enjoy the Karst region and travel on the Slovenian coast with a professional guide. Visit the mediev...
Visit a charming little lake with an island and a lovely medieval town. Discover an alpine paradise ...
An “Image of Paradise”, as it is often described, Bled has been attracting visitors with its breatht...
Magnificent mountains stretch as far as the eye can see, looking down on the charming town, a true w...
See the beautiful nature and learn about the rich history of Lake Bled. Board a traditional “pletna”...