If you're a fan of the hit TV series, Downton Abbey, then this tour is a must! You'll head through the stunning countryside of Royal Berkshire and the Cotswolds to Highclere Castle and feel like you've stepped right into the series. Your expert guide will lead you through the State Rooms, take you up the grand oak staircase and show you the vast manicured gardens which surround the castle before you set off to soak up the rural vibe of Oxfordshire (or as Downton Abbey lovers may know it, Bampton). You'll have the chance to see all of the best spots before heading for lunch by the river at the Swan Inn. Then, you'll move on to the last stop of the day, Cogges, which is home to the historic manor that many will recognise as Yew Tree Farm. It's every Downton Abbey fan's dream!
Castle & palace tours
Downton Abbey countryside private day trip
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Step onto the real-life sets of the hit TV series, Downton Abbey
- Explore the English countryside as you visit some famous villages
- Enjoy lunch by the river and admire the stunning views
What to expect
- Guided tour
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Private transport
What's not included
- Entrance fees
Pick-up is available from London hotels, residences and stations.
What to remember
- Please enter your pick-up location at checkout
- Pick-up outside London or from airport terminals can be arranged upon request
- This private tour accommodates up to six people
- Please check the calendar to find the availability of this tour
Black Cab Heritage Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.