Downton Abbey tour with Oxford and Bampton
- Explore Highclere Castle otherwise known as Downton Abbey
- See rooms and grounds featured in the hit TV series including by "Capability" Brown
- Discover the majestic work of the architect of the Houses of Parliament
- Venture into Bampton, where many scenes of downtown Downton were shot
- Take a walking tour of the beautiful university city of Oxford
- The Upgraded tour includes a signed copy of Lady Carnarvon’s autobiography
This unforgettable real-life period drama begins in Oxford, the city of dreaming spires, boasts one of the world’s greatest - and oldest - universities, as well as some of the finest architecture in Europe. The colleges themselves, which make up the university, are amongst the architectural highlights, their ivy-clad stone walls protecting beautiful chapels, halls and libraries.
A walking tour of Oxford with our guide is included before some free time to grab a bite to eat.
Why not try out a pub lunch at one of the many famous inns of Oxford.
Next we head to Bampton the setting of various village scenes from the Downton Abbey series. Visit the Church, Mathew Crawley's mother's house, the hospital and more. The village itself is quintessentially British and one of Britain's hidden treasures.
Leaving Bampton we now head for Highclere Castle made famous by the Downton Abbey TV series.
Built by Sir Charles Berry who also built the houses of Parliament, this is the countryseat of the Earls of Carnarvon. The tour of the Castle’s public rooms includes the magnificent public main hall, the library and sitting rooms in addition to other rooms featured in Downton Abbey.
Why not spend some time enjoying the enjoying the parklands created by Lancelot “Capability” Brown who also designed the grounds of Blenheim Palace or indulge yourself with tea and cake at one of the tea rooms once you have finished touring the Castle. A signed copy of Lady Carnarvon autobiography will also be given to every customer on the tour. It makes for fascinating reading and is a unique souvenir to remember the day!!
Departing Highclere Castle we head back to London and arrive back at approximately 7pm.
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Entrance to Highclere Castle
- Return transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Professional guide
- Children (3-16)
- Seniors (60+)
Victoria Coach Station (Gate 18 - 20), 164 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, SW1W 9TP
Departs from Victoria Coach Station, Gate 19- 20 at 08.15am (Check-in starts at 08:00am).
- Please note: The order of visit may change from time to time
- Upgrade to include an additional book “At Home at Highclere: Entertaining at The Real Downtown Abbey” written and signed by Lady Carnarvon (Upgrade option must be selected at the time of booking)
Dates available are as follows for 2019:
Apr: 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 21, 23
May: 5, 7, 28
Jul: 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 21, 23, 24, 28, 30, 31
Aug: 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28.
Sep: 1, 3
Tours depart at 8.15am, check-in starts at 8.00am
Tours return to London at approximately 7.00pm
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Everton 30-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ma...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Fulham FC 22-02-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Leicester City 20-04-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Newcastle United 02-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Deliver...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Brighton & Hove Albion 24-02-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja,...