Exclusive Houses of Parliament & skip the line Westminster Abbey guided tour
- Experience a rare, fully-guided tour of the Houses of Parliament
- Explore Westminster Abbey and the history of this incredibly iconic church
- See the most important rooms in the Palace of Westminster, including Westminster Hall, the House of Commons, the House of Lords, the Division Lobbies, and more
Visiting only on Saturdays and while the government is on recess, you’ll be able to visit the House of Commons and House of Lords, as well as many of the other beautiful halls and chambers in which the laws of Great Britain are decided. Along the way, you’ll learn the unique stories, traditions and lore of one of Europe’s oldest constitutional monarchies and see how the past and present combine to create a society that is both fiercely modern and deeply steeped in history.
Your day begins with skip the line entry into Westminster Abbey, the most serene time to see Britain’s most cherished church. With roots dating back over 1,000 years, this Gothic masterpiece is the traditional coronation site and burial ground of kings and queens, along with national heroes like Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and William Wilberforce. On your visit, you’ll learn from a local expert guide how the British monarchy helped shape the country’s conversion to democracy, as well as a few interesting tidbits about Winston Churchill, one of the only non-royals to ever lay in state in the Abbey after his death.
Then it’s on to Parliament. While most people see it with an audio guide, you’ll be shown around by a tour guide who has spent years studying the facts and events that really immerse you in the story of this amazing building. Next, you’ll head into the engine room of British democracy; the Chamber of the House of Commons, where Britain’s elected Members of Parliament come to face off (literally) over how to run the country.
From this hotbed of democratic zeal, you’ll head over to the chamber of the House of Lords, where peers who had inherited their titles used to sit.
After learning some of the highlights of the building’s history, including a failed terrorist attack in 1605 that the British still celebrate today (ever hear of Guy Fawkes Night?), you’ll head into two of the most unique rooms in the building: the Division Lobbies. As you stroll these halls, you are literally walking in the footsteps of men like Henry VIII and Winston Churchill. History, legend, lore, and a lot of pomp and circumstance mix and mingle as you take in nearly one thousand years of history from one of the best guides in London.
- Entrance to Westminster Abbey
- Entrance to Houses of Parliament
- Fully guided tour inside Houses of Parliament & Westminster Abbey
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Gratuities to guides (appreciated but never obligatory)
Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
12 Great George St, Westminster, London SW1P 3AE, UK
Meet at the Winston Churchill statue, Parliament Square, Westminster, London, SW1P 3JX.
There are 11 statues within Parliament Square. The Winston Churchill statue is the largest and is located on the north east corner of the square closest to Big Ben. The name 'CHURCHILL' is written on the stone base of the statue. The closest underground station is Westminster.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Note: We advise our clients that the Westminster Abbey is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Abbey from the outside
- Photographs not permitted inside Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches will take place at Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Saturdays at 9.00am
- Saturdays at 12.00pm
Your day begins in Westminster Abbey, where you’ll take advantage of pre-reserved tickets to visit E...
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter provides an amazing new opportunity to ...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience when you join our unique fully-guided tour at Warner Bros. ...
These combination tickets offer you the chance to get to know London inside and out with a trip on t...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Visit the famous Abbey Road zebra crossing and so much more.On this 3 hour taxi tour, you will be pi...
Based on the best‐selling novel by Gregory Maguire that ingeniously re‐imagines the stories and char...