Designed by Sir Christopher Wren, the Painted Hall known as the UK’s very own Sistine Chapel reopened in 2019 following a 2-year restoration project. With your complimentary audio guide (available in 7 languages), discover the Painted Hall; admire the beauty of its magnificent interiors and hear the stories of the people who made this place their home. Visit the Nelson Room, join a guided tour or listen to talks about the fascinating masterpiece, and get up close and personal with hands-on exhibits, including exquisite objects inspired by the Painted Hall. Tickets also include access to the Sackler Gallery, where you can learn about the many characters, including gods and heroes, that are painted onto the ceiling. Learn about the Old Royal Naval College and how it was built in 1692 as a home for returning seamen. Wander its atmospheric grounds and courtyards and discover the stunning 18th century chapel of St Peter and St Paul, the famous Water Gates, and the Victorian Skittle Alley. Glimpse the foundations of royal history as you see parts of the former Palace of Placentia (Greenwich Palace), and the birthplace of King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I.
Painted Hall tickets
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Japanese , Chinese
Mobile voucher accepted
Entrance Fees Included
Tour with Audioguide
Do this because
- Discover one of London's most beautiful locations as you peruse the stunning Painted Hall
- Explore the Sackler Gallery, discover how Thornhill created the Painted Hall and meet the many characters shown on the ceiling
- Wander the atmospheric grounds, view Tudor remains or try Afternoon Tea in the Painted Hall Café (must be pre-booked)
What to expect
- Entrance fees
- Audio guide
What's not included
- Children (0-16 years): free
King William Walk, Greenwich Peninsula, London SE10 9NN, UK
Please bring your voucher to the box office of the Old Royal Naval College where it will be exchanged for an entrance ticket.
What to remember
- Audio guides are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese Mandarin
- The venue has implemented several new precautions and followed Government and VisitBritain advice so that visitors have a safe and enjoyable visit. There will be signs outlining guidance across the site to help visitors stay safe whilst they are at the venue
- The Painted Hall is open daily from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- The grounds are open from 8.00am to 11.00pm daily
- The venue is closed on the 24, 25 and 26 December
The Old Royal Naval College
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the activity begins.