Royal London: guided tour with Changing of the Guard
- See the London attractions most associated with the British gentry in an easy, accessible walking tour
- Explore South Kensington and Kensington Gardens, a favorite area of the late Princess Diana and where her sons William and Harry still live
- Enjoy the iconic Changing of the Guard ceremony from a special vantage point with fewer crowds
Your experience starts in the lovely neighborhood of South Kensington where you’ll pass iconic buildings like the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Natural History Museum, before stopping to pay your respects at the Prince Albert Memorial.
Then you’ll stroll through Kensington Gardens and learn about how they were once part of the exclusive hunting grounds of Henry VIII. They only opened to the public in the late 18th century, and only then to those who were properly attired. In front of Kensington Palace, you’ll pause to discuss its history as a royal residence and hotbed of courtly intrigue. Its current occupants, the Princes William and Harry, Kate Middleton, and others, are a little less scandalous. You’ll also see spots frequented by the late Princess Diana, as this was one of her favorite areas of London.
Next, you’ll hop on the London Underground towards Buckingham Palace. While the front of the Palace is mobbed with spectators, you’ll see the famous military procession from a better vantage point near Wellington Barracks.
Crossing the lovely St. James’s park, you’ll arrive in the heart of Westminster, where your guide will show you all the most famous spots and fill you in on the stories behind them. As a special treat, those who want to can end their tour with a very special visit to the top of a nearby building which offers 360-degree views over Westminster and the rest of the city. Spared from the Blitz because of its similarities (in the eyes of German bombers) to St. Paul’s Dome, it is one of the hidden gems of the area and it’s only open to your group!
- Changing of the Guard (Buckingham Palace)
- Exclusive rooftop access for panoramic views
- Expert local tour guide
- Tube tickets
- Small groups of 15 people
- Food & Beverages
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Infant: Infants up to 3 years are free of charge.
9 Pelham Street, Kensington, London, SW7 2ND
This tour meets in front of "Ben's Cookies" which is located next to the entrance of South Kensington underground station. There are 2 entrances to the station, the meeting point is situated on the Old Brompton Street / Pelham Street entrance, and is opposite a Starbucks and Pret A Manger.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- If raining, Changing of the Guard ceremony will be cancelled and our tour will run with Horse Guards Parade instead
- Note: We advise our clients that the Methodist Hall is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Methodist Hall from the outside. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts
- This tour ends with access to an exclusive panoramic viewpoint, by Westminster Abbey. Due to security reasons this viewpoint is not accessible to children under the age of 16. Furthermore, access may be limited due to local events or bad weather
- The viewpoint will not be available on Sundays and on March 21st, 28th, 30th 2018, October 17th 2018, December 26th, 28th 2018
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Everton 30-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ma...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Leicester City 20-04-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Watford 04-05-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - West Ham United 08-04-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila,...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Burnley 22-04-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...