The Household Cavalry Museum tickets
- Step into the living museum of the soldiers who act as trusted bodyguards to The Queen
- Hear first-hand accounts of the soldier's training, royal pageantry and operational duties
- Marvel at the vast collection of rare and unique treasures
The Household Cavalry Museum is a living Museum in the heart of Horse Guards, Whitehall, London. It celebrates the history and accomplishments of The Household Cavalry offering a unique ‘behind the scenes’ look at the work that goes into the ceremonial and armoured renaissance role of HM The Queen’s Mounted Bodyguard.
The experience comes alive with compelling personal stories, interactive displays and stunning rare objects - many on public display for the first time.
The Horseguard have two roles: as a mounted regiment they guard Her Majesty The Queen on ceremonial occasions in London and across the UK and are a key part of the Royal pageantry; as an operational regiment they serve around the world in armored fighting vehicles. They currently have units deployed on active service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Over the centuries they have amassed an outstanding collection of rare and unique treasures from ceremonial uniforms, royal standards and gallantry awards to musical instruments, horse furniture and silverware by Fabergé. Modern additions to the collection include Jacky Charlton's football cap Sefton's bridle - the horse that was injured in the 1982 Hyde Park bombings. Much of the collection has resulted from the close association that has existed between the Household Cavalry and Royalty. They have, after all, protected successive kings and queens from rebels, rioters and assassins for nearly 350 years.
- Entrance to The Household Cavalry Museum
- Touchscreen multimedia guide
- Optional gratuities
- Children aged 5 to 15: reduced
- Children under 5: FREE
The Household Cavalry Museum, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall
London SW1A 2AX, United Kingdom
- Multimedia guides are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Mandarin
- Please note there are no catering facilities on site
- The Household Cavalry are committed to ensuring the Household Cavalry Museum is accessible to all visitors; if there are any specific requests call for assistance
- Guide Dogs are allowed in the museum
- Cancellation Policy: Free of charge as long as proof of destroyed and unused vouchers can be provided
- Open Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Visitors may wish to make the most of visiting in time for:
- 11:00 am Guard change on the Parade Ground (10:00 am on Sundays)
- 4:00 pm ‘Punishment Parade’ in the Till Yard (Off Whitehall)
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Over the last 10 years, street food markets have ‘popped up’ all around the city. It won’t matter wh...
Tea with the Queen is not something we can arrange when you visit London. But don’t be disappointed,...
Enjoy an intimate introduction to England's capital on a private 3-hour tour of London with a driver...
Start your tour with a pickup at your London hotel. Then, take a seat in your vehicle and relax on t...