Vintage London haunted bus and walking tour
- Transportation by open-topped vintage bus
- Professional Guide
- Walking tour of Smithfield Market and East London (sites associated with Jack the Ripper killings)
- Visit to a traditional London Pub
Travel back in time on a vintage open-topped double-decker bus, and walk through an empty Smithfield market, home to the cock-lane Ghost. Then retrace the murders of Jack the Ripper, before heading to the safety of the Sherlock Holmes pub. Hear tales of the legends buried at Westminster Abbey and see the banqueting house where Charles I was beheaded, a relatively common punishment for crime at the time. Your expert guide will explain how the executioners, who worked regularly in front of large crowds at Tower Hill which we will also see, would often raise the severed head showing it off to the crowd. You will then travel to the Old Bailey, the site of numerous public hangings, the Royal London Hospital where the Elephant Man lived, and hear tales of Mrs Lovett’s pie shop with her speciality fillings, the butcherous barber who lived next door, gangland warfare, great train robbers and more.
- Transportation by Open Top Vintage bus
- Professional Guide
- Walking tour of Smithfield Market
- Walking tour of East London (sites associated with Jack the Ripper killings)
- Visit in a Traditional London Pub
- Children (12-16)
- Seniors (60+)
Victoria Coach Station, 164 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, SW1W 9TP
The tour begins at Victoria Coach Station (gate 0) and finishes at Trafalgar Square (Sherlock Holmes Pub)
- This is a combination bus/walking tour and will finish at a traditional pub near Trafalgar Square. Some walking involved
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old
- Please note that this is an open-topped bus tour so please be prepared for the possibility of rain
- On rare occasions the open top bus may be changed to a closed top bus
- Tours begin at 7.00pm and finish at approximately 9.30pm
- April to October: Daily
- November, December and March: Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays (Closed 24th and 25th December)
- January and February: Wednesdays and Fridays only
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Join King Henry VIII at his royal banquet and be part of 1,000 years’ history at London’s extraordin...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Hackney and Shoreditch, you will solve ridd...