Westminster Abbey with Houses of Parliament express tour
- Cover two of London's most iconic, history-steeped monuments: Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament
- 800min-year-old Westminster Abbey, where many eminent Britons, from royals to writers to famous physicists, are buried
- Our expertly organized logistics ensure you see both sights in just three hours, without ever feeling rushed
This two-part morning tour gives participants a crash course on British royal and democratic history. Westminster Abbey, the monumental monarch-owned church where British royals are both crowned and laid to rest. Houses of Parliament, where you can explore the hallowed halls with the official audio guide. If you want to get to grips with the customs, ceremonies and conventions (not to mention the astonishing historic architecture) of Britain, then there is no better way to do so.
The tour gets underway with a visit to Westminster Abbey, which ranks among the world's greatest churches. For 1,000 years now, the Abbey has been the site of Royal Coronations, with every British monarch since William the Conqueror in 1066 having been crowned here, including, most recently, Queen Elizabeth II in 1953. And the 700-year-old Royal Peculiar - a designation that acknowledges the abbey's special role as a monarch-owned church - has not played host to coronations, but also to royal weddings (most recently Prince William and Kate Middleton) and funerals (including Princess Diana's). So, of note are the roster of noteworthy figures interred here, among them 17 British monarchs, to unknown soldier who perished in France during World War I and some of the country's most esteemed wordsmiths,
After touring Westminster Abbey, your guide will accompany you to the nearby Houses of Parliament. Having been escorted right to the entrance, you will be provided with tickets to enter the revered establishment, where both houses of the British government convene. You’ll be given an audio tour guide and left to explore key parts of the building at your leisure, taking as much or as little time as you want to soak it all up. See the 11th-century Westminster Hall, the oldest still-standing section of the building; the Queen’s Robing Room, where the Queen dons her ceremonial robes and crown in preparation for the official State Opening of Parliament; the portrait and gilded statue-adorned Royal Gallery, the site of parliamentary ceremonies; and the lavish House of Lords, which, with its frescoes, solid brass gates and gilded throne, is perhaps the most dazzling room in the whole complex. For anyone who wants to see two key London landmarks and learn about the institutions that have helped shape modern-day Britain, this two-part tour is a must-do.
- Entrance ticket with skip the line access to Westminster Abbey and House of Parliament
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Food / Beverages
Infants (0 - 5 years old)
Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London SW1P 3PA, UK
At Westminster Abbey. Look for the tall marble and stone column opposite the west entrance of Westminster Abbey. At the top is a figure of St. George slaying a dragon. Your guide wants to be at this column.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments. We are therefore unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Entrance into Westminster Abbey requires a modest dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders can not be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Photography is not permitted at Westminster Abbey.
Meeting time: 9.00am or 11.15am
Departure time: 9.15am or 11.30am
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Everton 30-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ma...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Fulham FC 22-02-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Leicester City 20-04-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Newcastle United 02-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Deliver...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Brighton & Hove Albion 24-02-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja,...