Chianti half-day afternoon tour with shuttle from-to Lucca
- Visit to a famous estate with tour of the wine cellar
- Self-guided tour of the Monteriggioni fortress and a local winery
- Explore the beautiful wine region of Chianti on a half-day scenic tour from Florence
- Taste superb Chianti wines and Tuscan products
Departs from Lucca to disovery Florence on your own and the Chianti region with the afternoon wine tasting tour.
Visit the beautiful region of Chianti with us and immerse yourselves in the picturesque Tuscan scenery that you have always imagined. The beautiful ruby-red colour and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti. This wine results from the wise blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and originates from the hilly area from which it draws its name. We will lead you to the discovery of the breathtaking, uncontaminated landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, presenting you a harmony of colours that can only be found in the hills of this region. The sounds, scents and flavours of this land will capture your senses through a unique experience that you will live, relish and comprehend by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and small villages where the rhythm of life remains unaltered over time.
The tour continues with a visit to a charming wine estate where you will take part in a guided tour of the wine cellars in order to gain insight into the various stages of wine production and in a tasting of the various wines that the winery produces, paired with samples of sliced cold meats, bruschetta and salami. During the tour you will see the characteristic fortress of Monteriggioni. There you will find some shops specialized in typical Tuscan products, as well as elegant cafés where you can stop and enjoy a coffee or a gelato. Subsequently, the tour includes a second tasting of olive oil and wine in another local winery.
The tour will end in Florence, but your driver will bring you back to Lucca.
- Shuttle service from/to Lucca
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Free time in Florence
- Child 3-12 years: reduced
- Infant 0-2 years: free
Schedule of the tour:
- 10:00 am free shuttle from Lucca in Porta Sant' Anna - P.le Verdi near (tourist office) to Florence train Station. You will 11:00 am: Arrival in Florence and some free time to visit Florence on your own
- 2:45 am: departure of the tour from Florence Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross (check in closes 15 min. before departure).
- 8:00 pm: The tour ends
- 8:30 pm: free shuttle service to go back to Lucca. (Shuttle meeting point: Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross)
- 9:30 pm: Arrival in Lucca Porta Sant'Anna
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
- Every day at 10.00 am
- Return around at 9.30pm
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn how to make two of the most delicious Italian dishes: pizza ...
Departs in early morning from Lucca to Florence.Visit the Accademia Gallery with our guides. Immerse...
We’ll start our Lucca tour at the very spot that welcomes most visitors to the city: the Lucca train...
This Lucca tour is all about experiencing the city the real way, by becoming a local for a day! Ital...
An excursion that boasts oodles of history and nature. Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius are the Beauty and th...
This select excursion limited to 21 guests takes you to Pompeii and Herculaneum to discover two of t...