- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
Volterra was the capital of Etrucan empire but also very important at the Roman time and in the Middle Ages. Admire the Roman Theater, Etruscan gates, Medici Fortress, beautiful Cathedral of S. Maria Assunta and unique Bishop’s palace.
Visiting the center you will assist at the works in an alabaster laboratory, where you can see many beautiful art crafts made in special chalk-stone. The center of Volterra is rich of many important remains, like the wonderful Roman amphitheater and the Etruscan gates of the ancient wall of the town.
The tour will continue with a panoramic stop in the hills around Volterra to visit the open-air amphitheater created by Andrea Bocelli, the famous and appreciated Italian tenor (“Teatro del Silenzio”).
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour escort/host
- Gratuities (optional)
Children 2-9 years old: reduced
Free pick up at your accomodation (inside city area) or meeting point in front of Central Train Station (we request contact us the day before to arrange your pick up, please let us know if you choose for Piazza stazione's pick up)
- Hotel name and city, age A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements
- In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Pick up or meeting point at 2.15 pm
- Please contact us the day before the trip to arrange your meeting point
Departs from Lucca to explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Porto Venere and the Cinq...
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn to cook like an Italian at a 4-hour market to table cooking ...
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn how to make two of the most delicious Italian dishes: pizza ...
Pistoia has been declared Italy’s Capital of Culture for 2017, so we say now’s the time to get a hea...
This Lucca tour is all about experiencing the city the real way, by becoming a local for a day! Ital...
Hai sempre desiderato provare l'emozione del volo, ma non ti piace l'idea di lanciarti e cadere nel ...