Jungfraujoch excursion from Lucerne
- Visit the city of Interlaken, located between two lakes
- Take in the stunning views of the Aletsch glacier
- See the world-famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau
- Experience the tunnels of the Ice Palace in the heart of the glacier
This thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to Jungfraujoch will be the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Visit the top of Europe and see the train station located 3500 meters above sea level, making it Europe’s highest train station. Jungfraujoch is listed by UNESCO as “World Heritage Site of the Swiss Alps” and it is home to many interesting attractions.
Travel to Bernese Oberland by coach through splendid countryside. You will have a break in Interlaken, a picturesque village nestled idyllically between Lakes Brienz and Thun. In Grindelwald you get to board the cogwheel train and enjoy a spectacular ride via Kleine Scheidegg up to Jungfraujoch.
Stunning views of the world-famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau accompany you on the way and the imposing North Face of the Eiger mountain seems to be within one’s grasp. Once on the top, immerse yourself in the fascinating high alpine wonderland of eternal ice, snow and rock.
Visit the Sphinx Observation Terrace and Plateau with the most breathtaking panoramic views of snow-capped peaks. You can see the neighboring countries and Europe’s longest glacier, the Aletsch Glacier. You can stroll through the tunnels of the Ice Palace located in the heart of the glacier. You can choose to have meals or refreshments in the restaurants available. On your way back you will pass through a car-free holiday destination, called Wengen. The coach awaits you in Lauterbrunnen for the return trip. This is a once in a lifetime experience not to be missed.
- Live guide in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Cogwheel train
- Alpine Sensation, Sphinx Observation Terrace, Plateau and Ice Palace (weather permitting)
- Personal expenses
- Children from 6 to 15 years: Half price
- Infants up to 5 years: Free of charge but need to be registered
Pilatusstrasse 1, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
The meeting point is the Starbucks Coffee, across the street of Lucerne train station, in the same building as Hotel Monopol. (Pilatusstrasse 1, 6002 Luzern) The meeting point is inside the lounge of Starbucks Coffee and clear signposting will be provided.
- You are recommended to bring warm clothes, sunglasses and a pair of solid shoes
- April-October: Daily at 9.00am
- November-March: Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays at 9.00am
- Meeting time 15 minutes before departure
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by ...
Combine Lucerne’s landmark mountain with a cruise on Lake Lucerne. Both of the experiences are an ab...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
La valise RTL, la chauve-souris, les expressions, les grands moments de solitude, les proverbes chin...
Les amis. Ces gens qu’on voit plus d’une fois. Parce qu’on décide que c’était bien, qu’on ne s’est p...
Ouverture des portes 1 heure avant le spectacle. SopranoGinevra dans Ariodante, Olympia des Contes d...