Ávila, Segovia and El Escorial giuded excursion from Madrid
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
- Explore the countryside and become part of the beautiful landscape
- Make your friends back home envious with great photo ops
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
Don't miss the opportunity to get to know these three essential attractions on the surroundings of Madrid in just one day!
Discover two of the most important cities of the Castilian plateau and World Heritage Site: Ávila, known for its 12th century walls, and Segovia, where one of the best preserved Roman aqueducts in the world is located. In addition, visit the Monastery of El Escorial and its basilica, burial place of the kings of Spain.
You will leave Madrid early in the morning towards Ávila, where you will stop at the view point “cuatro postes”. Afterwards we will go to the city to start the walking tour, passing by the Sanctuary of San Vicente and the Cathedral and of course, the walls.
Afterwards we will leave for Segovia, your guide will explain to the group everything about the creation of the aqueduct by the Romans. Then you will continue the route through the streets of the city centre, where you will pass through the cathedral, continuing through the district of the Canonries, until you reach the famous Alcázar, symbol of the art and history of Spain. There you will have free time to have lunch, do some shopping or access some of the monuments on your own.
Once the break is over, we will go to El Escorial, where we will visit the inside of its monastery. There, under the guidance of the guide, we will discover this architectural complex that includes a royal palace, a basilica, a pantheon, a library, a school and a monastery.
- Entrance to El Escorial
- Guided tour
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-11 years old: reduced
Calle Julio Camba, 4. Madrid
Metro Ventas, exit to Julio Camba Street. The bus will be on Julio Camba Street
- Until 31 October 2018: Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 7.30am
- From November 2018 to March 2019: Tuesdays and Fridays at 7.30am
- From April to September 2019: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 7.30am
- October 2019: Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 7.30am
- Please be 15 minutes earlier for the check-in
- Blackout dates: 1 January, 24/25/31 December, 9 September
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II to be a reside...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
This guided tour will take you to Madrid's most majestic area. Some of the city's most famous monume...
Upon your arrival in Toledo, you'll start with a walking tour of the city, entering to the old quart...
The highly popular Parque del Retiro of Madrid is one of the most famous and beutiful parks of the c...
Enjoy two stunning cities in one day on this comprehensive tour. Toledo and Segovia are must-do stop...
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities aroun...
Discover Madrid through two of its most important traditions - tapas and flamenco dance! Visit one o...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Madrid on a full-day tour of the historic city of Toledo, and learn ...