Discover Madrid and its people through its gastronomy and customs. Go tapas in Madrid with our specialized local guide and passionate about gastronomy. In the very center of Madrid, surrounded by the Plaza Mayor, Plaza de la Villa, Calle Mayor, Almudena Cathedral and the Royal Palace, we will enjoy a delicious experience. You will know first-hand the main products of the Iberian pig in an authentic traditional ham tavern, where you will learn the ham cut and you can taste Iberian ham, Iberian loin, chorizo and Iberian salchichón and enjoy the best organic extra virgin olive oil and the authentic cured Manchego cheese, accompanied by a good glass of wine. In an authentic typical Madrid inn, already seated at the table, you can try traditional tapas, accompanied by wine, beer, sangria, etc. Our guide will explain each one of them, its elaboration, the curiosities, historical anecdotes. We will finish our gastronomic tour with something sweet and typically from Madrid, a chocolate with churros in one of the most traditional chocolate shops in the city. From here you can return to your hotel or continue enjoying the night in Madrid.
Madrid tapas walking tour
Language: English , Spanish
Availability: Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Do this because
- Chance to mingle with locals and experience tapas culture
- Off-the-beaten-path way to sample traditional Spanish tapas
- Mouthwatering salty bites such as Iberian ham, chorizo and cheese and our famous dessert "chocolate con churros"
What to expect
- Iberian products tasting with a drink
- Tapas assortment with a drink in a typical "mesón"
- Chocolate with churros in a typical "chocolatería"
- Specialized bilingual local guide (English and Spanish)
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales)
What to remember
- Contact the tour operator to provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) after booking. You'll find their contact details in the voucher
- This tour is not recommended for people with restricted mobility and NOT ALLOWED for children under 16 years old
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish
- Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday at 6.00pm (Please check in at the counter at least 15 minutes before)
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.