Tickets for "Sorolla and Fashion" exhibition and the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza
- Discover the presence of fashion in the work of Joaquín Sorolla
- More than seventy paintings loaned from Spanish and international museums and private collections, some never previously shown in public
- An important group of clothes and accessories of the period
- The exhibition will be shown simultaneously at the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza and the Sorolla Museum
With this ticket you can visit the museum's permanent and temporary exhibition. You can access the temporary exhibition with a pass that runs every 15 minutes. When you exchange your voucher for your ticket you'll be given a pass for the first available time slot from 3.00pm to 4.30pm.
The Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza and the Sorolla Museum presenting "Sorolla and Fashion", an exhibition devoted to the presence of fashion in the work of Joaquín Sorolla that will be shown simultaneously and in a complementary way at the two museums from 13 February to 27 May. Curated by Eloy Martínez de la Pera, the exhibition brings together more than seventy paintings loaned from Spanish and international museums and private collections, some never previously shown in public, together with an important group of clothes and accessories of the period featuring significant examples also loaned from institutions and private collections, many of them unknown to the general public.
The exhibition pays particular attention to Sorolla’s female portraits painted between 1890 and 1920, which establish a dialogue in the galleries with items of clothing and accessories from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
At the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza the exhibition is divided into four sections: Sorolla in private, Society portraits, Elegant summers, Paris and modern life.
Each museum is presenting its own selection of works, for which reason visitors are recommended to see both parts at the two venues in order to gain a complete and overall vision.
- Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida, Elena in a yellow robe (detail), 1909. Private Collection
- Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida, Clotilde in Grey Dress (detail)
- Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida, Clotilde Strolling in the Gardens of La Granja (detail), 1907. National Museum of Fine Arts of Havana, Cuba
- Paul Poiret, Dress (detail), hacia 1911. Museo del Traje, Madrid
- Entrance to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza and "Sorolla and Fashion" exhibition
- Audio guide (available on-site for 4€, in English and Spanish)
- Free Admission Ticket: Under 18 years old, Disabled with 33% rating, Teacher/Professor, Large family group, Citizens officially unemployed, Comunidad de Madrid guide, Other Autonomous Community guide, Amigo MNAC
- Reduced Admission Ticket: Students, Large family adult, Over 65, Youth Card holders, Pensioners and Group +7
To benefit of the reduction a valid ID on the day of the visit is required
Paseo del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Metro: Banco de España. Buses: 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 and 150. Train: Estaciones de Atocha, Sol and Recoletos
- Exchange your voucher for your tickets at the museum ticket office on the date of your visit
- With this ticket you can visit the museum's permanent and temporary exhibition. You can access the temporary exhibition with a pass that runs every 15 minutes. When you exchange your voucher for your ticket you'll be given a pass for the first available time slot from 3.00pm to 4.30pm
- From 13 February 2018 to 27 May 2018
- Monday: 12.00pm - 4.00pm (Free entry to Permanent Colecction)
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00am to 7.00pm (Ticket office closes at 6.30pm)
- On 24 and 31 December the museum will be open from 10.00am to 3.00pm
- The museum is closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
- Last entry is one hour before closing
- Please note that the galleries will be emptied five minutes before closing time
Descriptif : Le Teatro Real accueille la première en Espagne de Only the Sound Remains, le dernier o...
Fiche artistique : Opéra en trois actes Musique : Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) Livret : Giova...
Attention, lors de l’achat de ce match, vous recevrez une contremarque qui ne permet pas l’accès au ...