Art on Sundays con Aperitivo | Leonor Antunes
- Discover the threads of the many stories that intertwine throughout this impressive exhibition space
- Learn about the great female artists who inspired Leonor Antunes
- Travel with us between Europe and the Americas to discover the contamination between Modernism and artisanal techniques
- Watch and admire video and photographic material of documentation presented by cultural mediators
- Enjoy drinks and snacks at the Aperitif at the luta Bistrot
The history of forgetting
Anni Albers, Franca Helg, Mary Martin and Clara Porset in the work of Leonor Antunes.
The masterpieces of Leonor Antunes are the result of careful research that the artist conducts before creating his sculptures and installations. He researches the work of numerous less-known artists - often female - who have worked with modernist design and architecture over the past century.
L’Art on Sundays I Leonor Antunes is an opportunity to understand the connection between the pieces of "the last days in Galliate" show and the artistic works of Anni Albers, Franca Helg, Mary Martin and Clara Porset, artists and designers whose important pioneering artistic traditions have been recently rediscovered.
The lives of these women, protagonists of the modernist movement that carry out their work between the 1930s and 1960s, are united by the rediscovery of "popular" artisanal techniques such as weaving and leather working, revisited according to the principles of modern design and architecture. Their lives are characterized by an inexhaustible intellectual curiosity that leads them to travel and explore techniques and knowledge set apart from the dominant line of design. From the Bauhaus where Anni Albers studied fabric art in Mexico and where the Cuban Clara Porset rediscovers traditional weaving techniques, to the experiments of the Black Mountain College of Arts in the state of North Carolina in the 1930s and 1940s to the Milan Polytechnic between the 1950s and 1960s, Art on Sundays is a journey that focuses on the importance of female influence in art and architecture over the last century.
Performed with the guidance of a cultural mediator, the event includes the screening of documentation material and an in-depth guided tour of the exhibition. Afterwards, snacks and drinks will be reserved for all the participants at the Iuta Bistrot.
All "Art on Sundays with Aperitif" events are designed and conducted by cultural mediators.
- Taught lecture on the themes and artistic language of the artist
- Guided visit of the exhibition
- Snacks/drinks at the Iuta Bistrot
- Membership card Family/Mono/Duo/Young/Young Duo: 8 euro
- Pirelli employees: 8 euro
- Youth under 18 years of age: free
Via Chiese, 2, 20126 Milan MI, Italy
- Maximum of 30 participants
- The guided visit "Art on Sundays con Aperitivo" is held in Italian
- Tickets are non-refundable and must be used for the time/date purchased
- Sunday 7 October 2018 at 6.00pm
- Sunday 13 January 2019 at 6.00pm
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Friday, 27 September 2019 | 25th Opening Party GENERAL STORES & ClubNation present Ricardo Villalobo...
Friday 15 November 2019 From 22:00 Jazz: Re: Found presents Cory Wong (Vulfpeck) at Santeria Social ...
Saturday 21st September Take it Easy The Big Opening c/o Tunnel Club, Milano ????️Presale ticket 15€...
A former railway warehouse transformed into one of Europe's most renowned clubs. A metropolitan cave...
Saturday 28 September 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano in collaboration with VOID Markantonio Riche...