Bergamo Upper Town day trip from Milan
- Enjoy a nice trip from Milan with a private, luxury car
- Take the funicular to reach the Upper Town
- Discover Bergamo, its city center and its beautiful breathtaking views
Meet your licensed guide and your driver in Milan and enjoy a 1-hour ride towards Bergamo on a luxury car/minivan. Once in the city center, you will get on the characteristic funicular railway that connects the lower to the upper part of the city and start discovering Bergamo Alta. You will immediately have the chance to enjoy an incredible view over the lower part of Bergamo and its surroundings from the Venetian Works of Defence, a wall built between the XVI and XVII centuries by the Republic of Venice.
The visit will continue to the very heart of the old town, Piazza Vecchia, where you will admire the Palazzo della Ragione with its curious meridian, the highest Tower of Bergamo called “Campanone” by the locals and Palazzo Nuovo, that now hosts a public library. Your guide will then lead you to Piazza Duomo to visit the amazing Bergamo Cathedral and Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica.
After the lunch break, you will pass by Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe, an ancient shoe marketplace and by Piazza Mercato del Fieno. Finally, you will get to admire a perfectly preserved, ancient washhouse (Lavatoio), built in 1881
Once the funicular railway brings you back to the lower part of town, your private minivan will bring you back to Milan. Take your time to ask the guide the questions that still cross your mind or ask for tips about your stay!
- Entrance and reservation fees
- Round trip from Milan with a private, luxury car/minivan
- Licensed, English-speaking guide
- Audio headsets (if more than 6 people)
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Reduced: child (3-9)
- Free: infant (0-2)
Via Mario Pagano, 69, 20145 Milano
Meet your guide at the exit of MM 1 Pagano (red line) – at the corner of Via Mario Pagano and Via Rasori
- Be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior departure time to check-in
- Comfortable shoes are recommended. During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The order of the sites visited might change due to organizational reasons
- Some of the venues (or parts of them) may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures (ongoing restoration, mass celebrations, special events). When this occurs, we offer the customers an extended visit of the outside and/or of other attractions according to the advertised total length of the tour
Sundays at 9:30 am
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
The Mondo Milan (Milan World) museum presents AC Milan trophies in a unique way, and narrates the cl...
Who lived in The Seven Heavenly Palaces of Anselm Kiefer? What do the objects attached to the towers...
During this tour you could learn the tradition of local food as a result of the Italian, and especia...
Every Thursday our fabulous party: Mamacita! Summer Season 2019 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up:...
Fetty Wap Special Guest - Summer Season 2019 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: Fetty Wap Atmosphe...