Cinque Terre and Portovenere day trip from Milan
- A perfectly crafted day trip from Milan
- Explore Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- Take an optional 45-minute hike to enjoy the splendid panoramic views
Embark on an incredible journey to experience some of Italy's most breathtaking scenery. Your day begins with a transfer on a comfortable private coach from Milan to La Spezia, during which your guide will provide a captivating commentary about local points of interest as you pass from the region of Lombardy to Liguria.
The first ferry will take you across the 'Gulf of Poets' to the enchanting seaside town of Portovenere, famous for its tall pastel-colored houses and evocative views from the ruins of Doria Castle, where you'll have free time to explore. See why this impressive landscape was so admired by Petrarch, Shelley, Byron and Montale whose musings immortalized it, and be sure to try the regional specialty – pesto – as this is where it was invented.
From here, you'll embark on a mesmerizing cruise up the coastline to the Cinque Terre, where the landscape is dominated by dramatic green hills that plummet into crystalline waters.
As the last signs of civilization begin to fade away, you'll spot the vivid colors of the little towns overlooking the seashore: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso, the latter of which will be your second stop.
Enjoy a pleasant break from the tour to try local flavors, such as the gluten-free chickpea flour farinata, or mussels with Cinque Terre DOC white wine and explore its little alleys.
Just when you think you've seen all the possible beauty, you'll hop on the boat for your last stop in Manarola, which is considered the oldest of the 5 lands, famous for its picture-perfect, colorful houses. Once again, you'll be able to discover the area on your own.
*We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sites as per description, however, please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
- Round trip transport from Milan in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- 2-hour boat cruise and public boat tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza Sigmund Freud, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Facing the Milan Porta Garibaldi Train Station Main Entrance, the meeting point is on the left side just outside the station, next to the stairs and under the covered portico.
- This tour ends at Milano Cadorna Train Station
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- our City Wonders guide will be holding a sign and will be easily recognizable at the meeting point
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey
- In case of bad weather conditions, the boat might not be able to sail. In such occasions, the itinerary will be different, as we will not visit Portovenere (since it is only accessible by boat) but will include instead Riomaggiore
- We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sites as per description, however, please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Meeting Time: 7.15am
- Departure Time: 7.30am
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Wednesday 4 March 2020 From 22:00 Jazz: Re: Found presents Lettuce at Santeria Social Club Milan Gen...
New Year's Eve 2020 - Hollywood Rhythmoteque is glad to invite you to celebrate the end of 2019 with...
Saturday 14 December 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano in collaboration w / WheRe welcome Damian Laz...
Saturday 14th December Octave One live + DJLMP c/o Tunnel Club, Milan Tickets online disponibili su ...
Wednesday 25 December 2019 from 11.00 pm to 6.00 am "OUR CHRISTMAS TRADITION" w / Ilario Alicante - ...