Guided tour of the Duomo Cathedral with rooftop terraces
- Priority access for groups: save your precious time
- See Carlo Borromeo's tomb, located under the altar
- Take a comfortable elevator to the rooftop
- Admire Milan's breathtaking skyline from the terraces
Have a memorable experience walking inside the Duomo cathedral, one of the most iconic buildings among Milan's attractions, and admire the city from above! Enjoy an amazing experience walking on the rooftops of the majestic Duomo cathedral: admire a breathtaking skyline, overlooking the entire city! With this combo tour, you can save 10€ on the price of the two single tours.
The Tour will start in front of the main central door of the Cathedral, where you will meet our licensed English speaking tour guide who will give you an entertaining introduction to the monument. Then, you will enter inside the Duomo and, while walking through the main nave, you will be introduced not just to the history of the church, but also to the history of the city and of Europe, to the artistic and architectural features of the building, to its countless paintings, statues and stained glass windows, but also to its many secrets and legends, its Pagan elements, and to its many secrets that the Duomo still hides!
The second part of the tour will take you at the elevator’s entrance, so you could head up the steepest part of the Cathedral’s stairs to reach the first terrace, saving you from 200 strenuous steps! The roof consists of a system of sloping and accessible terraces, with connecting walkways and stairs. This lets you reach and almost touch all the flying buttresses, crockets, spires and statues. Walking through them you will see the breathtaking skyline of Milan.
Your guide will point out all the buildings that you can admire from the top, such as the dome of the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, the San Siro Stadium, the Martini’s Terrace, the new modern district of Milan,…), while witnessing the life of the city in constant movement and evolution.
- Officially-licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-Line access at Milan’s Duomo
- Entrance fees
- Use of the elevator for the most steep stretch
- Small groups
- Headphones (for groups of more than 5 people)
Duomo di Milano, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
Piazza del Duomo n.4 (under the arches next to Benetton Store)
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 passangers, so you might have to wait a few minutes before climbing up. However, the lift is always guaranteed.
- During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- The staircase to reach the highest terrace is particularly narrow and made of smooth marble; use comfortable shoes, preferably with a rubber sole.
- On the terraces of the cathedral there are no bathrooms or shops: bring water.
- In the rare case of excessively bad weather, the terrace may be closed for safety reasons; in this case your ticket will be refunded.
- Dress Code: when you enter a Christian church make sure your shoulders and legs are covered
- The crypt is not accessible to people with limited mobility.
- In the rare case of excessive bad weather, the terrace may be closed for safety reasons: in this case the ticket will be refunded.
- The guided tour lasts 1 hour, but customers can stay on the rooftops as long as the wish, till the closing time.
- Everyday 2.15pm
Have an unforgettable experience walking inside the Duomo Cathedral, an iconic building in Milan, th...
You’ve just walked past all the people waiting in line. Welcome to one of the world’s most celebrate...
Experience Milan’s historical highlights with an expert local guide as you take a three-hour walking...
La Scala Theatre is recognised as one of the leading opera houses in the world. It hosts a Museum th...
The fifteenth-century Sforza Castle was commissioned by Francesco Sforza, the former Duke of Milan. ...
A forgotten history links Leonardo da Vinci to the city of Milan: the story of a vineyard. This is t...
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to discover the artistic side of Leonardo da Vinci through...
Discover the works of Leonardo Da Vinci as you've never seen before! Enter the world of the absolute...
Canelli is one of the hinterland towns of the Asti province, famous for the best-selling Italian spa...