DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Experience a high quality wine tasting
- Visit the hidden gems of Franciacorta wine region
WHAT TO EXPECT
Tom Stevenson, one of the world’s leading authorities on sparkling wines, has called Barone Pizzini, “one of the most dynamic companies in Franciacorta today". Its wines are “vivacious, with bright fruit, and lovely purity".
Barone Pizzini is one of the oldest wineries in Franciacorta and it was the first to use organic farming in winemaking there. The winery is surrounded by vine-covered hills and the Torbiere del Sebino natural reservoir.The new facility was built in 2006 using eco-friendly architectural standards.
The guided tour allows you to totally experience Barone Pizzini winery, from vineyards to production area and underground rooms, where Franciacorta wines age. Visit will end with a guided wine tasting to satisfy every taste, from first time drinkers to wine enthusiasts.
- Guided tour of vineyard, with explanation about organic viticulture (in caso of bad weather, you will see vineyards from indoor)
- Guided tour of production and ageing cellar
- Guided wine tasting (2 or 5 wines - 3 or 5 wines since January 1, 2016)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- The tour is not recommended for pregnant women
- Animals are not allowed
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, the wine cellar could be chilly, so we recommend you bring a light jacket or sweater
Monday to Saturday at 11 am and 3 pm
- Free for children up to 12 years (with no tasting)