Tickets for Isola Madre
- Explore the biggest of the Verbano islands, a paradise of greenery
- Discover the botanical garden with unique plants from all over the world
- Enjoy priority access with no entrance lines
Isola Madre is the biggest of the Verbano islands. The green vegetation and the palace rise from the blue water.
Isola Madre was the first island to be inhabited since when Earl Lancillotto Borromeo settled here, turning it into a place of delights and enjoying the mild weather.
Nowadays, the island is known internationally for its wonderful botanical collections.
With a British style, the botanical garden includes rare vegetable plants from all over the world. Visitors can enjoy a stroll along the shady boulevards and take in the stunning panoramic views by telescope, to observe its details. The impressive seasonal blooming shows the hard work of the many gardeners who preserve this natural beauty.
Chinas and liveries, paintings, richly decorated tapestries and brocades are the precious details of this mansion, opened to the public in 1978.
- Isola Madre
- Children from 6 to 15 years of age: reduced
- Children under 6 years of age: free admission
Isola Madre, Lago Maggiore, Stresa VB
Isola Madre can be reached by boat or hydrofoil from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno and Laveno.
- Ticket valid until 21 October, 2018 from 9.00am to 5.30pm (last entrance)
- The island is not accessible to people with limited mobility
How to get to Isola Madre:
- By car: Autostrada dei Laghi, direction Gravellona Toce, exit Carpugnino. Follow the indications for Stresa.
- By boat: You can reach Isola Bella and Isola Madre from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno, Laveno by boat or hydrofoil.
- By train: Ferrovie dello Stato, line Milano-Sempione, stop: Stresa, connection with the boat. Ferrovie Nord, line Milano-Laveno, stop: Laveno. Many meters away you will find the embarkment by boat or hydrofoil.
- Daily 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (last entrance) from March 23 to October 21, 2018
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Friday, 27 September 2019 | 25th Opening Party GENERAL STORES & ClubNation present Ricardo Villalobo...
Friday 15 November 2019 From 22:00 Jazz: Re: Found presents Cory Wong (Vulfpeck) at Santeria Social ...
Saturday 21st September Take it Easy The Big Opening c/o Tunnel Club, Milano ????️Presale ticket 15€...
A former railway warehouse transformed into one of Europe's most renowned clubs. A metropolitan cave...
Saturday 28 September 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano in collaboration with VOID Markantonio Riche...