Turin full-day highlights tour from Milan by high-speed train
- Experience the magical atmosphere of Turin, one of northern Italy’s most fascinating cities
- Follow your expert local guide through the refined streets and elegant piazzas of the historic center
- Visit famous sights and monuments like the Royal Palace, the Mole Antonelliana and the Duomo
- Join your guide for a special tasting of Turin’s renowned gelato and chocolate at one of its premier spots for sweets
Step inside Turin’s charming atmosphere on this specially crafted day tour, the only one that takes you by high-speed train from Milan. As the cultural capital of northern Italy, this amazing city boasts an incredible concentration of world-class architecture, museums, piazzas, parks and monuments, not to mention the famous Shroud of Turin. With artistic achievements spanning from the Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, and Neo-Classic to Art Nouveau, this stunning former Italian capital shares the same elegant mood as great European cities like Paris or Vienna, adding a dash of its own savoir-faire and a healthy dose of its famous gelato and chocolate.
Meet your representative at Milan’s central railway station, and set off on the short 1-hour high-speed train ride to Turin. Once you arrive, you’ll meet up with your local expert guide right at the train station to commence your 2-hour walking tour followed by some free time with the added bonus of insider tips and recommendations. Explore the city’s long boulevards, hidden corners and most important attractions to see the Turin that the only the locals know, all with the interesting stories and anecdotes that make the city come to life.
See famed piazzas like Piazza San Carlo with its twin 17th century churches, and enjoy free time for lunch and a visit to the city’s Egyptian Museum, the second largest in the world after Cairo, the immense Palazzo Carignano, or basking in the dazzling atmosphere of the many 19th century cafés. After lunch meet up with your guide again to cover regal Turin in Piazza Castello, home to the city’s original castle, Palazzo Madama and the Royal Palace, whose immense façade rivals Europe’s other grand royal residences.
Not far away, you’ll see Turin’s "Duomo", home to the celebrated Holy Shroud that legend says the body of Jesus was buried in, miraculously bearing his likeness. The original is stored safely away, but a faithful replica is on display that is well-worth the visit. Then you’re off to another symbol of the city, the iconic triangular dome and spire of the Mole Antonelliana. Originally designed as a synagogue, this singular work of architecture is now home to the Museum of Cinema.
Now that you’ve seen Turin from the street and taken in its incredible history, like all Italian city’s it’s time to taste it. What could be better than some delectable chocolate "gianduiotti" or pralines and a gelato at one of its most renowned venues? These delicacies are literally to die for, and we have organized a special guided tasting for you that will put a perspective on Turin that you’ll be talking about for the rest of your trip.
After the tour, wind up the day with the same quick high-speed train journey back to Milan and find yourself with plenty of time left over to enjoy your evening with an "aperitivo" or dinner and a night on the town. There’s literally no excuse not seeing for yourself why Turin is getting so much attention these days as one of Italy’s top destinations.
- Train tickets
- Chocolate and gelato tasting
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Children (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza Duca d'Aosta, 4-6, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Facing Milan Central Station, the meeting point is inside the covered portico, which serves as the main entrance to the railway station and the M2 and M3 Subway Lines, under the big round clock at the far right end, leading to Piazza Luigi di Savoia. Please note that there are two clocks in the station portico, looking at the entrance, one on the right and one on the left, the City Wonders representative will wait for you under the one on the right side
- Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
- This tour ends around 4:50 PM at Milan Central Train Station.
- Please be at the meeting point, at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. Late arrivals won't be eligible for a refund.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat on the train.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
Operating Days: Monday, Wednesday
- Meeting Time: 08:20 am
- Departure Time: 08:35 am
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Friday, February 22nd | Milan Fashion week 2019 GENERAL WAREHOUSES & ClubNation present Black Coffee...
Friday 1st March 2019 from 11.30 pm YOUTH milan - Space Milan in collaboration with • NO PLAN • pres...
Saturday 23 February 2019 from 23.00 to 05.00 AMNESIA milano in collaboration with VOID welcome Char...
Every wednasday our fabulous party: Sins! Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: DJ Résident Atmospher...
FROM CAPRI WITH LOVE - THURSDAY Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: DJ Résident Atmospheres: Intern...