Tasting tour at the historic cellars of Montepulciano
- Discover the historic cellars of Montepulciano located underneath Tuscan Renaissance buildings
- Walk through tunnels dug into the tuff, and spectacular brick vaults with your expert guide
- Enjoy the tastings of the cellars' wines with an explanation of their main characteristics
Enjoy a tour of the historic cellars of Montepulciano, with a tasting of Vino Nobile. The historic cellars of Vino Nobile, located underneath the buildings dating back to the Tuscan Renaissance, are the core of Montepulciano.
Starting from Piazza Grande, you will discover the history of Montepulciano and the deep roots that for centuries have shaped local people and Vino Nobile. An expert guide will lead you inside two underground cellars, through tunnels dug into the tuff, and spectacular brick vaults. Here you will find the gigantic oak barrels where Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and the Rosso di Montepulciano DOC rest.
At the conclusion of every visit, you will participate in a tasting of the wines, with an explanation of their basic characteristics.
- Walking tour of Montepulciano city-center
- Guided tour of two underground cellars
- Welcome aperitif
- Tasting of Rosso di Montepulciano DOC and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG
Piazza Grande n. 7, Montepulciano
- The minimum number of participants for this tour is 2
- Every day at 10.30am and at 4.00pm
Just outside the center of Montepulciano stands the Church of San Biagio, a work of rare beauty, als...
This Montepulciano and Montalcino wine tour celebrates the wine and food of these two regions, offer...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Montepul...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
Dedicate an entire day to wine thanks to this 6-hour experience in Montepulciano. A guide will accom...