- Discover the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, a breathtaking example of modern Islamic architecture, see Mutrah and Muscat Old Town
- Learn about Omani history in the Bait al Zubair Museum
- See the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace and the historic Jalali and Mirani forts
This half-day tour starts in the morning with a visit to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. The main chandelier of the architectural masterpiece is made of pure Swarovski crystal and the carpet adorning the large prayer hall was woven by experts, made out of pure Persian silk. The Mosque exterior is constructed with quality Rajasthani Sandstone and the main halls as well as the smaller prayer rooms are adorned with the finest Italian Marble. The Mosque is surrounded by 5 minarets’, each of which symbolizes the holy five vows taken by every devout Muslim to reinforce his faith in the Almighty.
From the Mosque you will head to Muttrah to see the fishermen in action at the fish market followed by a walk around the traditional Souq. We then take you down the coast to old Muscat where you can spend some time learning about Omani history in the Bait al Zubair museum with its display of archaeological finding and Oman national dress and jewelery. From there to the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace and the historic Jalali and Mirani forts which still guard the natural harbour.
- English speaking guide
- Children (2-12): reduced
- Infants (0-2): free
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Muscat, please provide hotel address information when you make the booking.
- Dress code to enter the mosque: both men and women must be dressed conservatively covering arms, legs and hair(women only)
- Non-Muslims are welcome to visit the mosque between 8am and 11am from Saturday to Thursday
- The library in the mosque is open to visitors 9am-2pm and 4pm-9pm from Saturday to Wednesday
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- All visitors arriving to Oman are required to obtain an electronic visa prior to arrival as per the new immigration requirement
- Your booking request will be confirmed within 48 hours
- Times are approximate
- Morning tour:
- Pick-up: 8.00am
- Drop-off: 12.00pm
- Afternoon tour:
- Pick-up: 4.00pm
- Drop-off: 7.00pm
Verlassen Sie den Hafen von Mina Qaboos, um die Stadt Muscat zu besuchen. Besuchen Sie die größte Mo...
Die Wahiba Sands, die südlich vom östlichen Hajjar-Gebirge bis zum Arabischen Meer reichen, beschrei...
Sie fahren am Morgen durch die Berg- und Wüstenlandschaft und erreichen das dramatische Bimah Sinkho...
Bewundern Sie die runde Festung aus dem 17. Jahrhundert und den für Silberschmuck berühmten Souq, di...
Die Küste von Oman ist mit einer Vielzahl von Delfinen und Walen gesegnet, die aus etwa 21 verschied...
Wadi Bani Awf ist als einer der fantastischsten Touristenorte rund um Muscat bekannt. Wadi Bani Awf ...