Day tour to the Maasai from Nairobi
- Spend the day with Maasai tribeswomen in their ancestral homeland
- Learn the traditional art of Maasai jewellery-making as you make your own wristband to keep
- Be immersed in the Maasai culture and experience traditional singing and dancing
Nothing defines the Maasai so perfectly as the intricate and ornate jewellery that symbolises their cultural heritage. This full-day Nairboi tour is held in the Masai homelands around Ngong Hills, and captures the spirit and essence of Masai life.
This Nairobi tour is run in partnership with One Horizon Africa, a non-profit organisation dedicated to alleviating poverty in Kenya and South Africa that holds no religious or political affiliations. Tours are managed by a dedicated Kenyan staffing team who all have a background in travel and tourism.
Your Nairobi tour will be led by two Maasai tribeswomen and sisters who learned the skills of Maasai jewellery-making from their grandmother. Sitting under cool acacia trees in the stunning countryside, you will make your own Masai wristband under their guidance, using the colour codes observed by the Masai. Best of all, you’ll get to keep your handmade jewellery as your own memento of the day.
If you like, you can also take part in traditional Maasai singing and dancing, which will be experienced as part of your day. This In Focus experience offers a total cultural immersion that will leave you with memories for a lifetime!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pick-up from and drop-off at your hotel
- Unlimited bottled water, tea and coffee, light snacks
- Photographs of you and the group (3 to 4 images for each person and group)
- Other souvenirs
- Personal items
- Tips for your guides
- Children 6-11 years: reduced
- Children under the age of 6: free of charge
You’ll be picked up at your hotel. Please be sure to send your hotel name after booking the tour
- To schedule the hotel pick up you have to contact the local supplier and provide your hotel details. After booking you will receive further information
- Dress standard: Please wear casual, light clothing
- All net proceeds of this tour will go to One Horizon Africa
- Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
- Monday - Saturday at 9.00am
- Highlights tour In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new...
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
The Airport Express is one of the world's leading airport railway systems that offers swift, sure li...
Come explore this wicked National Park on a day tour from Nairobi that you won't soon forget. From N...
Escape Nairobi’s bustling city centre and head towards the leafy suburb of Karen. Your driver and gu...