Giraffes and Elephants tour in Nairobi
- Head out of town to Nairobi’s leafy Karen suburb
- Get up close to the endangered Rothschild giraffe at the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre
- Head to David Sheldrick’s famous Elephant Orphanage for an unforgettable visit
- Learn how local programs in Nairobi are helping to reintegrate animals back into the wild
Escape Nairobi’s bustling city centre and head towards the leafy suburb of Karen. Your driver and guide will be tell you about Nairobi’s history and modern life as you travel.
The first stop will be the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s famous Giraffe Centre. The centre has pioneered an innovative breeding programme that’s helping to grow the population of the endangered Rothschild giraffe in the wild. You’ll learn more about this fascinating animal and the breeding project as you get up close and personal with the giraffes from the centre’s raised walkway.
Afterwards, you’ll head the short distance to David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. You’ll learn more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers.
You’ll then head back to central Nairobi, where the tour will end around lunchtime.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your local guide
Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Dress standard: When packing, be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
- Every day at 8.00am
Come explore this wicked National Park on a day tour from Nairobi that you won't soon forget. From N...
Nothing defines the Maasai so perfectly as the intricate and ornate jewellery that symbolises their ...
Enjoy a morning tour of Mombasa. You will have the opportunity to visit the city and do some local s...
Enjoy a fantastic Pollman's sea safari where you can relax experiencing a one-of-a-kind adventure in...
The tour will start with a visit to Mombasa for sightseeing and shopping. The town dates back to the...
This tour offers an opportunity to enjoy the unspoiled Kenya Coast, its beautiful scenario over the ...