- Walk past the medieval castles and monumental squares of this one-time capital
- Admire the Art Deco Umberto I Gallery and learn about the San Carlo Theater
- Discover the world famous collection of mosaics and Roman art at the Archaeological Museum
You’ll start your tour at the monumental Neptune’s Fountain, you'll then walk to Castel Nuovo or the ‘Maschio Angioino’, one of the most important symbols of Naples, dominating the Municipio Square, and immediately set the tone for the tour by displaying Naples’ royal character.
Your walk continues by the San Carlo Theatre, the oldest continuously used opera house in Europe, and the iconic Umberto I shopping-gallery, an Art Deco masterpiece of iron and glass, which displays unparalleled creativity and elegance.
You'll then take a look at the monumental Piazza del Plebiscito, with its fascinatingly domed church, before having a break to enjoy the best sfogliatella, a local pastry with delicious orange flavored ricotta cream.
You'll continue through the little backroads around Via Chiaia, getting a feel for the modern way of life in the city, while you'll mix with the locals. Finally, catching your first glimpse of the sea, you’ll walk along the pleasant lungomare promenade to reach the final highlight of the tour, Castel Dell’ Ovo. This medieval castle provides you with amazing views over the bay of Naples, Mt. Vesuvius and the famous islands of Capri and Ischia.
After some free time to relax or enjoy a delicious local meal by the seaside, you'll take a guided tour of the magnific Archaeologicalical Museum in Naples, considered one of the most important classical museums in the world, particularly for its rich collection of Roman art. The Farnese collection, coming from Rome itself, displays an impressive range of marbles and Roman statues, such as the famous Hercules and the Farnese Bull. The mosaics are the other highlight of the museum: recovered from Pompeii and the neighbouring towns, they show the extraordinary skills that the artist developed with this technique, giving you invaluable insights not only into crucial historical events, but also into everyday life and entertainment at the time.
- Entry ticket at the Archaeological Museum
- Espresso coffee or Cappuccino with typical Neapolitan Sfogliatella
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Child (4-14 years old): reduced
- Infant (0-3 years old): free
Piazza Municipio, 80133, Naples, NA
In Piazza del Municipio, in front of the fountain of Neptune
- The morning tour of Naples ends at Castel dell'Ovo. The afternoon tour of the Archaeological Museum ends inside the Archaeological Museum.
- Please note there is no transfer included between the Best of Naples tour and the Archaeological Museum tour.
- We recommend that customers who are not familiar with Naples give themselves ample time to find meeting points.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Meeting Time: 09.45am
- Departure Time: 10:00am
No visit to Italy is complete without discovering the magic and history that is hidden around every ...
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hi...
Join this unique opportunity to explore two incredibly well-preserved catacombs in Naples: San Gaudi...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Un itinerario lungo un miglio, alla scoperta dei tesori nascosti del Rione Sanità.Percorrere il Migl...
On your tour you will be offered a genuine experience of the Naples lifestyle, culture and the preci...
Underground Naples is the city's most famous and fascinating route. Guides will take you on a journe...
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the ...
Experiencing the best of this 'Pearl of the Mediterranean' has literally never been easier on our ex...
Discover Naples with Artecard Napoli. This card allows you to visit the most important sites in Napl...