- See historic City Park transformed into a holiday wonderland
- Admire ancient oaks decorated with ornaments and over 1/2 million sparkling lights
- Enjoy views of 19th century mansions, brightly decorated for the holidays
Hop on "Santa's bus” for a narrated tour to New Orleans’ City Park, one of the ten largest urban parks in the country, home to the largest collection of mature live oaks in the world. Trees in the oldest grove are over 800 years old!
Enjoy the view of 19th century mansions, brightly decorated for the holidays, in the city’s original Creole area as we travel Esplanade Avenue, a boundary of Faubourg Treme, the subject of the hit HBO television series “Treme”.
See historic City Park transformed into a holiday wonderland. Its ancient oak trees are aglow with massive ornaments decorated with over 1/2 million sparkling lights. Children from over 200 area schools create handcrafted ornaments to decorate Christmas trees that line the walkways in the Carousel Gardens & Storyland.
Lighted exhibits include the Cajun Night Before Christmas, the “Who Dat” Tree, Santa Gator, a life size Nativity scene, and “A Jackson Square Holiday”. Live nightly musical entertainment features a mix of school choirs, orchestras, bell choirs, dancing troupes and gospel groups.
The Friends of City Park Holiday Gift Shop and the Botanical Garden Shop are open nightly for special holiday shopping. Food and drink are available for purchase at the Holiday Café which features a variety of local and holiday fare.
Experience New Orleans…Christmas Style!
- 6:00pm Depart from Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office
- 6:30pm Arrive at City Park
- 6:30 - 8:30pm Visit and experience Celebration in the Oaks (on your own)
- 8:30pm Depart from City Park
- 9:00pm Return to Gray Line Ticket Office
- Narrated motor coach tour
- Group escort
- Admission fees
- Gratuities (optional)
600 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Meet your tour at the Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River.
- Please note that some walking is necessary on this tour
- 1-23 and 26-30 of December
- Nightly at 6pm
The low ropes course focuses on building communication within your group. If your team is more comfo...
Visit a local art studio and discover the age-old practice of block-printing! Alongside expert desig...
The high ropes course is designed to be a physical challenge and mental endeavor. If your team is re...
Get to know the low ropes and the high ropes during this combination outdoor experience! Begin with ...
Spearhead a sustainability initiative that targets energy and water usage while exploring the beauty...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...