Your day begins in front of a historic praline-maker where you’ll meet your local expert guide and a small group of no more than 20 people. Inside you’ll go behind the scenes to learn how New Orleans’ most famous sweets are made then taste one fresh out of the pot. Next, you’ll hop on a historic streetcar, zipping down St. Charles Ave and into the famous Garden District. Once populated by the city’s wealthiest families, this beautiful neighborhood is still filled with some of the grandest old mansion in America. The only difference is that they are now home to celebrities like Anne Rice and Sandra Bullock. Exploring the neighborhood, you’ll see all the most famous houses, visit the wonderfully atmospheric Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, and then step inside the Elms Mansion for a full tour of the inside. After lunch at a local favorite restaurant for Creole cuisine (included), you’ll reconvene on Bourbon Street for a full tour of the French Quarter. Your guide will take you to its most important streets and landmarks in order to immerse you in the story of French, Spanish, and African people coming together to form the Creole culture that has made the city famous. Next, you’ll step into Jackson Square to see landmark buildings like the St. Louis Cathedral and the Cabildo (where the Louisiana Purchase was signed) then step inside the Presbytere building for a full tour of the museum including exhibits on Mardi Gras and Hurricane Katrina. It wouldn’t be a NOLA tour without a ghost or two, so your guide is also taking you inside one of New Orleans’ most haunted buildings. You’ll learn the building’s history and visit the seance room, which is where the ghost is said to appear most often. Even if you don’t see him, it’s an unforgettable experience. After a quick trip to the French Market to learn about the culinary influences that have made the city one of the foodie capitals of America, you’ll swing by the world-famous Cafe du Monde and pick up complimentary beignets, a type of French donut, then take them down to the riverfront to eat them as you watch the riverboats pass by.
New Orleans in a Day Tour including French Quarter, Haunted House, Private Mansion, and Beignet Tasting
- Tour Jackson Square and enter the Presbytere building to see exhibits on Hurricane Katrina and Mardi Gras
- Lose yourself in the back streets of the French quarter as you learn the unique history of the original creole melting pot
- Enter a traditional gas lamp workshop to see how these emblems of New Orleans are made
- Tickets to the Elms Mansion with and Presbytere
- Streetcar tickets
- Lunch and additional food or alcohol purchases
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants up to 1 years are free of charge
801 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States
This tour will meet outside of Auction House Market on Magazine Street in the Warehouse District. If walking from the French Quarter, walk straight down St Charles Ave from Canal, take a left on Julia. Auction House Market is on your right. Approximate walking time is 11 minutes. If taking the St. Charles Ave streetcar from Canal towards Carrollton (green cars), exit at Julia Street and take a left towards Magazine Street.
- Due to the uneven sidewalks, exposed tree roots, and aged cemeteries, the tour is NOT wheelchair and stroller accessible
- Please alert us to any dietary restrictions upon booking
- From 01 April 2019 - 31 October 2019 Every Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays