Your private culinary tour of New Orleans starts where it all began — the banks of the Mississippi River. To wake up your taste buds, you’ll indulge in New Orleans’ most iconic breakfast pastry, the beignet. Next, head to The French Market, the site of America’s oldest public market, and stop for a local bite. From the French Market, you’ll embark on the picturesque streets of the French Quarter where your guide will take you to some of their favorite palate-pleasing spots. You’ll sample both a classic New Orleans dish, as well as a delicacy that you’ve probably never seen outside Cajun country. On this tour, you’ll have the chance to try a dish that sparks more controversy amongst chefs than any other in New Orleans: gumbo. Learn how hundreds of years of history have shaped this recipe and how it can vary from restaurant to restaurant. Finally, finish off with a sweet treat made from locally grown sugarcane and the region’s abundant pecans. You can take your praline to-go and indulge when your sweet tooth kicks in.
Attractions & guided tours
Private New Orleans French Quarter food tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Taste New Orleans’ rich multicultural history through its cuisine
- Experience the flavors of America’s oldest public market
- Appreciate New Orleans’ clash of cultures with a cup of gumbo
- Discover why the local’s favorite French doughnut is also the messiest
- Sample traditional delicacies, only available in Cajun country
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples
What's not included
- Additional food and drink
- Youth (ages 6-11)
- Children (ages 0-5) free
537 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Jackson Square (next to Andrew Jackson statue), 700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
What to remember
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travelers. A solo traveler may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travelers
- Food options and portion sizes will vary depending on the season and stops. The total amount of food included will be equal to a full meal
- This is a child-friendly tour
Daily: see calendar
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.