The New Orleans School of Cooking demonstrations: Fun, food and folklore
- Watch as professional chefs make New Orleans and Louisiana inspired classics from scratch
- Learn of the vibrant history behind Creole cuisine
- Eat an authentic New Orleans meal cooked before your very eyes
Welcome to the Fun, Food & Folklore of the New Orleans School of Cooking! Since 1980, countless visitors from around the world were introduced to the wonderful food and rich culture of New Orleans and Louisiana as a whole. These entertaining cooking demonstrations and Louisiana General Store are located in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 1800s in the heart of the French Quarter, 524 St. Louis Street.
You’ll learn the basics of Louisiana Cooking in a way you’ll never forget. Fun is a primary ingredient in this kitchen! The Cajun / Creole experts teach New Orleans specialties such as Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines, seasoning them with history, trivia and tall tales! The School of Cooking accommodates individuals, private group classes, special events and off-site events.
The Louisiana General Store is a thoughtful collection of the best locally sourced products, used and loved by the family of New Orleans School of Cooking chefs. The school carries a full line of Cajun and Creole products, cookbooks, spices, gift baskets, cookware, and its famous seasoning - Joe’s Stuff™. If you’re out of town and can’t stop by, please shop the online store!
Whether you take a class, shop the store, or use made-in house products at home – visit the New Orleans School of Cooking as a guest, and leave as family.
Cooking demonstrations include:
- Corn and Crab Bisque, Chicken Etouffee and Pralines
- Corn and Crab Bisque, Shrimp Creole, Bananas Foster and Pralines
- Gumbo, Chicken Creole and Pralines
- Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines
- Gumbo, Jambalaya, Banana's Foster and Pralines
- Gumbo, Jambalaya, Bread Pudding and Pralines
- Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice, Pecan Pie and Pralines
- Shrimp and Artichoke Soup, Crawfish Etouffee and Pralines
- Shrimp and Artichoke Soup, Crawfish Etouffee, Bread Pudding and Pralines
All meals are served with:
- Bread and Butter
- Iced tea
- Coffee (morning class)
- Abita beer (a local brew)
- Cooking Demonstration
- Authentic New Orleans meal - cooked by a skilled chef
- Recipe cards
524 St Louis St., New Orleans, LA 70130 USA
- Please note that this is not hands-on cooking demonstration
- Menu changes daily
- Please allow up to 72 hours (3 days) for your reservation to be confirmed
- Demonstrations daily at 10.00am and 2.00pm
- Menu changes daily; please see the calendar for a list of daily menu or
- Louisiana General Store:
- Monday-Saturday 9.00am-6.00pm
- Sundays 9.00am-4.00pm
Take an eye-opening look into American history and visit 2 out of 3 prominent plantation homes along...
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will r...
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
On the grounds of Oak Alley, enjoy a sumptuous Plantation Country Brunch featuring Crawfish Etouffee...
Hop on "Santa's bus” for a narrated tour to New Orleans’ City Park, one of the ten largest urban par...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...