Authentic Greenwich Village food and tasting tour
- Stop at three great eateries, a gelato shop, and a bar, all in one affordable dine-around
- Stroll the streets of Greenwich Village, one of New York’s most iconic neighborhoods and discover it's history
- Enjoy a slice of pizza from one of the most beloved pizzerias in NYC
- Linger over small plates perfectly paired with wine by in-house sommeliers
- Sit down for two courses of expertly-made Italian food in one of the Village’s most beloved Italian restaurants
- Grab a drink at the Cornelia Street Cafe and stay on for a live show
You tour starts in the heart of the village, just a few feet from the beloved Stonewall Monument, for an introduction to this historic neighborhood and the various groups of people - from the Italian immigrants to NYC’s burgeoning gay community - that have called it home. No matter who they are or where they come from, everyone in the village agrees that the best slice of pizza in town comes from nearby John’s Pizza, where you’ll get your first meal of the evening, an iconic cheese slice, and learn why New Yorkers value pizza over perhaps any other fast food.
Taking a short stroll down the street, you’ll pop into one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants for a selection of seasonal appetizers paired with a delicious wine chosen by the in-house sommelier. Next, you’ll sit down for more substantial fare at Michael Greco’s Cantina Giulietta. Tapping into the deep Italian heritage of the neighborhood, you’ll enjoy two different courses: fresh pasta (made in-house) and handmade meatballs that are as good as anything you’ll find in Italy. They will be paired with another perfect wine, this one straight from the pages of Wine Spectator. Between courses you’ll also enjoy a guided tasting of olive oils.
No meal is complete without something sweet, so you will stop into Pop bar - the Village’s most popular gelato shop. Forget the cup and cone: this is authentic gelato is on a stick, with all types of creative flavors to suit anyone’s tastes. Go with an old favorite like coffee or branch out with green tea, pumpkin pie, or vanilla salted caramel. There are also plenty of sorbet options if you’re trying to avoid dairy.
As you enjoy your ice cream, you’ll stroll over to the final stop of a night, a little surprise called the Cornelia Street Cafe. This restaurant and performance venue, which was designated a “culinary as well as cultural landmark” by the mayor’s office, has been hosting the best poets, artists and musicians in the Village since 1997. You'll grab a drink at the bar and then you have the option of staying on to enjoy a live show (not included in the ticket price) or heading out to enjoy NYC nightlife with recommendations from your guide.
- Expert tour guide
- Food and one glass of wine or beer in each place (Palma, Cantina and Cornelia)
- Small Groups of 15 people
- Extra beverages
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
259 W 10th St, New York, NY 10014, USA
In front of the Duplex Bar on 7th Avenue and Christopher Street. The Duplex bar is located on Seventh Avenue and Christopher street
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- If you have food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives
- Please note that all restaurants reserve the right to card before serving alcohol. Your ID/Passport is required on this tour
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate strollers on this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
22 March 2018 - 31 October 2018
- Mondays and Thursdays 5.30pm
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
Experience a New York Sightseeing cruise like never before. Step aboard the 1920s inspired motor yac...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
Enjoy a full day completely guided tour and see and learn about the most important sights in New Yor...
If you want to see the Statue of Liberty but you aren’t interested in getting up early to catch the ...
Experience the best of New York City with these convenient packages! This tour package will provide ...